Playback Screens & Menus
Here you can see the playback screen when you press the Play button on the back of the E-5. The last image or video captured or reviewed is displayed, and pressing the INFO button will control the amount of the overlay information displayed on the screen. You can see standard info, extended exposure information with RGB and light histograms, or clear everything from the screen to show the image only. You can enable/disable more overlay display options via the custom function menu.
The Index and Calendar display modes allow you to quickly search through your stored files by showing several images on the LCD monitor at the same time. During single-frame playback, turn the rear Control Dial clockwise to enter Index mode with 25 small thumbnails. You can alter the number of thumbnails shown via the custom menu from 4, 9, 25 or 100 (or all of the above).
Turing the dial clockwise again will pull up the Calendar display mode, which allows you to search files by the date they were captured.
Magnify, also know as the Zoom playback function, allows you to closely inspect images by zooming in up to 14x in several steps. You activate this option by rotating the rear Control Dial counter clockwise. Once an image is enlarged, you can move around inside of it by using the Arrow Pad/4-way controller.
Playback menu options:
- Slide show - Begin automated slide show playback changing every 5 seconds with 1 up, 4 up, 9up, 16 up or 25 up at a time
- Auto Rotate - Enable image rotation controlled by the +/- Direct Button, images are recorded to memory card in final position
- Edit - Enters the Edit menus, shown below
- DPOF - Store print reservation information (# of prints, date/time) to send images to a DPOF-compatible photo lab or DPOF-compatible printer
- Copy All - Copy all images between memory cards
- Reset Protect - Protect images from accidental erasure
JPEG Edit menu options:
- Shadow Adjustment - Helps brighten dark backlight objects
- Redeye Fix - Remove occurrences of Redeye in you portrait images
- Crop - Crop a section of an image and save as a new file
- Aspect - Convert the image aspect ratio
- Black&White - Convert an image to black&white
- Sepia - Convert an image to sepia tone
- Saturation - Adjust the color depth of an image
- Resize - Save an image to a smaller size
- e-Portrait - Enhances skin tones in your portrait photos
You can also edit RAW files in-camera. It will automatically perform image processing (white balance, sharpness adjustment, etc.), and then saves the new file in Large/Normal JPEG format.
You can also play back your video clips in-camera on the large 3.0-inch LCD, or on your TV set using the standard AV cables (included) or a mini HDMI cable (purchased separately).
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Pro Optics Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical Fisheye Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras|
In Stock: Yes