Pressing the Menu button calls up the E-3's menu system on the color LCD.
Camera menu 1 options:
- Card Setup - Memory card erase or format
- Custom Reset - Reset camera to factory settings or your own custom settings
- Picture Mode - Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone/Custom
- Gradation - Auto, Normal, High Key or Low Key
- Resolution -R AW, Large-fine, Large-normal, Middle-normal, Small-normal, RAW+Large-fine, RAW+Large-normal,
- WB - Auto White Balance, Presets: Sunlight-5300K, Shadows-7500K, Cloudy-6000K, Tungsten-3000K,
White Fluorescent-4000K, Neutral Fluorescent-4500K, Daylight Fluorescent-6600K, Flash-5500K, One-touch Custom WB,
CWB Custom setting 2000K to 14000K.
- ISO - Auto or 100 - 3200
- Noise Reduct. - Noise reduction Off or On
- Noise Filter - Off, Low, Standard or High
Camera menu 2 options:
- Metering - Digital ESP mode, Center-weighted, Spot, Spot with highlight control or Spot with shadow control
- RC Mode - Olympus wireless flash system mode Off or On
- Flash Intensity Control - +3 to -3
- AF Mode - S-AF, C-AF, MF, S-AF+MF/C, C-AF+MF
- AF Area - All target AF mode, Single target AF mode or Dynamic-single target AF mode,
- Anti-Shock - Off, 1 sec. to 30 sec.
- AE BKT - Off, 3F 0.3EV, 3F 0.7EV, 3F 1.0EV, 5F 0.3EV or 5F 0.7EV
- WB BKT - A-B, G-M, Off, 3F 2step, 3f 4step, 3f 6step
- FL BKT - Off, 3F 0.3EV, 3F 0.7EV, 3F 1.0EV
- ISO BKT - Off, 3F 0.3EV, 3F 0.7EV, 3F 1.0EV
The E-3's Custom Menus allow you to customize the camera for ease of use. Custom Menu 1 is used to set shooting functions.
Custom menu 1 options:
- AF/MF - AF Illuminator, Focus Ring, C-AF Lock, AF Area Pointer, AF Sensitivity, Reset Lens, Bulb Focusing
- Button/Dial - You can assign functions other than the default to the Mail Dial and Sub Dial
- Release/FPS Set shutter release priority for S-AF mode or C-AF mode, set sequential shooting from 1 fps to 4 fps
- DISP/Beep/PC - Turn off focus beep indicator, set sleep and backlit times, set USB mode, set Live View Boost
Off or On, set Frame Assist Line display
- EXP/AF/ISO - Set EV and ISO steps, ISO-Auto set, ISO Auto, AEL Metering and Bulb timer maximum
- Custom - Set Flash X-sync, Slow Limit of shutter speed with flash, set exposure compensation value,
- Resolution/Color/WB - Sets compensation value for all WB modes at one time, Color Space, Shading
Compensation due to lens properties and Pixel Count for Middle and Small image size settings
- Record/Erase - Quick Erase, RAW+JPEG Erase, set file name type, DPI print resolution
- Camera Utility - Disable WB sensor
Custom Menu 2 is used to set basic camera functions.
Custom menu 2 options:
- Clock - Set date and time
- CF/xD - You can select which memory card to use when both a CompactFlash and xD-Picture are in the camera
- Edit Filename - You can rename image files to make them easier to identify
- Monitor Brightness - Set the LCD brightness to Auto or adjust from +7 to -7
- Language - Set menu display language
- Video Out - NTSC or PAL
- Rec. View - Length image is displayed after capture - 1 sec. to 20 sec., Off or Auto
- Pixel Mapping - Allows camera to check and adjust the image sensor
- Firmware - Display camera's current firmware version
Playback menu options:
- Playback - Sets Slide show Playback mode default to 1-up, 4-up, 9-up, 16-up or 25-up
- Auto Rotate - Off or On
- RAW Data Edit - Recorded images can be edited, for example you can change white balance or sharpness,
and saved as new images
- DPOF - Store print reservation information (# of prints, date/time and index prints)
- Copy All - You can copy images from one memory card to another
- Reset Protect - Protect images you do not want erased
Pressing the Playback button displays the last photo taken. You can use the Arrow Pad to scroll through recorded images and
if you turn the main dial towards the magnifier icon the image will be enlarged from 2x to 14x.
The Info button allows you to see detailed information about your displayed image. Beginning with the image only.
a press of the Info button shows information such as the frame number, record mode, file number and memory card used.
Another press adds the shooting information. Additional screens add a histogram and highlight display or shadow display.
The Index mode allows for display of 4, 9, 16 or 25 thumbnail images per screen. Just turn the main dial toward the
checkerboard icon and each click adds more thumbnails to the screen. The last option allows you to select images
based on the calendar date they were shot.