Click to take a 360-degree QTVR tour of the D-595
The 5.0-megapixel D-595 Zoom combines the power of manual control with the convenience of an easy-to-use design for incredible results. Featuring manual control of shutter speed and aperture options, a 3x optical zoom and 19 shooting modes, the D-595 Zoom combines manual settings with the ease of a point-and-shoot, packing high-end advanced features into an affordable, easy-to-use compact camera.
The 3x optical zoom lens (38-114mm equivalent in 35mm photography f2.8 - f4.9) combines with a 4x digital zoom to deliver a total 12x zoom so virtually no photo opportunity is out of reach. And with the super macro mode it is possible to capture amazingly small details, as tiny as the date on the back of a penny, from as close as 0.8 inches.
TruePic TURBO is a super-charged image processor that significantly enhances image quality and processing speed. Users will experience rapid startup, shutter release and playback, as well as capture sharper, more realistic images.
One of the greatest benefits of digital photography is the ability to compose and review images on the LCD, as it allows users to accurately frame their photographs and make on-the-spot decisions about saving or deleting them. To ensure that users can easily view their subject and frame the best-shot possible, the D-595 Zoom has a, 85,000 pixel 1.8-inch Semi-Transmissive TFT LCD - for easy viewing even in bright sunlight.
Fully automatic snapshots are still as easy as ever, and the inclusion of 19 shooting modes, accessed via a rotating dial and menu button on the back of the camera, makes it easy to capture great images in a variety of lighting situations, such as Portrait, Fireworks, and Indoor. A QuickTime Movie mode with sound enables users to create short movies of events that can be emailed to family and friends. And with the new frame integration function, users can select various colorful, decorative borders for favorite pictures to print or email to friends.
It also features PictBridge technology to make printing quality photos a breeze. Simply connect the camera directly to any PictBridge-enabled printer and start printing right away.
Camedia D-595 Zoom Features:
- 5.0 megapixel (effective) CCD for image sizes up to 2560x1920
- Compact design makes the D-595 Zoom easy to handle and carry.
- 3x optical zoom with 38-114mm coverage (35mm photography equivalent)
- 1.8-inch color LCD display with 134,000 pixels of resolution
- 19 shooting modes including Program Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Etc.
- Olympus TruePic TURBO image processor for increased performance
- 320x240 resolution QuickTime movie mode with audio
- Automatic Pixel Mapping checks the CCD and re-maps it for maximum performance.
- Removable xD-Picture Card storage, 16MB included
- Automatic Noise Reduction when using Night Scene mode.
- Built-in multi mode flash
- Powered by 2 AA or 1 CR-V3 type battery
- Auto-Connect USB for hassle-free downloads
- PictBridge Compliant
The D-595 Zoom is available now with an MSRP of $219.99. It includes (2) AA alkaline batteries, USB cable (Win/Mac), Audio/Video cable, wrist strap, Quick Start Guide, Quick Reference Guide, basic instruction manual, CD-ROM with OLYMPUS Master software and advanced instruction manual, warranty card.