Nikon J1 Review
|Nikon's J1 is a stylish and easy to use EVIL camera. It boasts a powerful 10-metapixel CX-format CMOS image sensor, good shooting performance, and a plethora of exposure options. Like all cameras the J1 has its downfalls (battery life for example), however it is a very competitive model in the EVIL or ILC category. Read more in our Full Conclusion.|
The J1 is a compact interchangeable lens camera that encompasses speed and ease of use with powerful specifications, which combined give you the opportunity to capture amazing photos from such a compact package. On top of a fast 10-megapixel CX-format CMOS image sensor, the J1 boasts Nikon's all new EXPEED 3 dual core processor, with allows you to capture full resolution images up to 5 frames per second. It also allows for high-speed continuous shooting at lower resolutions, at up to 60fps.
Other important features include a 73-point Hybrid AF system, Full 1080p or 1080i HD video options, new Nikon 1 lens mount system, broad sensitivity range from ISO 100 - 6400 (with expansion), and a high-resolution 3.0-inch LCD screen.
Nikon J1 Key Features:
- New CX-format CMOS image sensor (13.2x8.8mm, 2.7x crop factor)
- EXPEED 3 dual core processor
- 5fps burst mode shooting at full resolution
- Hi-speed continuous shooting from 10fps up to 60fps at lower resolution
- High-Speed 73-point Hybrid AF system (combines Phase Detection and Contrast Detect AF)
- Sensitivity range from ISO 100 - 3200 (up to 6400 in Hi-1 mode)
- Full 1080p (30fps) or 1080i (60fps) HD video
- High-speed video at 30, 60, 400, or 1200 fps
- 3.0-inch LCD with 460K pixels
- JPEG + RAW (NEF) file formats; NEF+JPEG available
- Scene Auto Selector for simple point-n-shoot operation
- Program Auto, Shutter speed priority, Aperture priority, and full Manual exposure control
- Five Scene modes
- Smart Photo Selector, uses in-camera "pre-cache" to help ensure you don't miss a shot
- Built-in flash
- Li-ion battery pack (good for up to 230 photos using CIPA standards)
- Memory slot accepts SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards
The J1 comes in the following kit configurations:
- J1 + 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens = $649.95 USD
- J1 + 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR and 1 NIKKOR 10mm f/2.8 lenses = $899.95 USD
- J1 + 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR and 1 NIKKOR VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 VR lenses = $899.95 USD
- Nikon J1 camera body
- EN-EL20 rechargeable Li-ion battery
- MH-27 battery charger
- UC-E15 USB cable, AN-N1000 strap
- BF-N1000 body cap
- ViewNX 2/Short Movie Creator CD
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Find camera and camcorder accessories at Target.com! Keep your nikon 1 camera from getting lost or damaged by strapping it to your wrist with this convenient hand strap.
Camera Battery, Fits Brand Nikon, Fits Model Coolpix 775, 880, E880, 885, 995, 4300, 4500, 4800, 5000, 5400, 5700, 8700, Konica Minolta Dimage A200, Fits Nikon Coolpix ...
Camera Battery, Fits Brand Multiple, Fits Model Nikon Coolpix P1, P2, S1, S2, S3, S5, S50, S50c, S51, S51c, S52, S52c, S6, S7, S7c, S7c Wi-fi, S8, S9, Kodak Easyshare Ls755, Ls755 ...
Ape Case Exoguard - Protective cover for digital photo camera - silicone - for Nikon 1 J1