Playback Screens & Menus
Pressing the OK button while viewing an image will bring up the Retouch Menu, as shown above. This option allows multiple changes to the photo after it was taken.
Using the Index/Zoom out button brings up 4, 9, or 72
thumbnails, allowing you to quickly search through stored files. Pressing
the button again takes you to the Calendar display, which lets you
search images by the date they were taken.
The zoom in button in playback mode allows you to zoom in on any selected photo and scroll around the image(using the 4-way pad). A full screen image can be enlarged up to 31x (depending on the image
size) in multiple steps. If any faces were detected in
the frame, you can use the sub-command dial to view other faces without changing zoom ratio.
- Delete - Delete images from memory card
- Playback folder - Select the active playback image folder
- Hide Image - Selected images only shown in this folder
- Display mode - Select the playback display features: Shooting data, Histogram, Highlights, RGB Histogram, Focus point
- Image review - Display image immediately after capture
- After delete - Select what will display after deleting an image or movie
- Rotate tall - Automatically rotate portrait oriented images for display
- Slide show - Start an automated slide show of the images in the current image folder
- Print set - Enter DPOF printing information
- D-Lighting - brightens shadows, ideal for dark or back-lit photos
- Red-Eye Correction - Remove red-eye in your flash portraits (saves as a corrected copy, does not overwrite original)
- Trim - Crop and image and save as a new file
- Monochrome - Choose Black&White, Sepia or Cyanotype (blue and white monochrome)
- Filter Effects - Choose from Sky light, Warm filter, Red/Green/Blue intensifier, Cross screen, or Soft
- Color Balance - Use the multi-selector to create a copy of an image with modified color balance.
- Image Overlay - Combine two existing RAW photos to create a single picture that is saved separately. The new image is saved at the current image quality and size settings.
- NEF (RAW) processing - Convert RAW images to JPEG format in-camera with minimal editing options for white balance, image size, exposure comp., picture control, etc.
- Resize - create a smaller copy of an image and save to selected card
- Quick retouch - Enhances saturation and contrast as well as applies D-lighting as required; image is then saved as a new file
- Straighten - Correct images that are not level
- Distortion control - Reduce effects of peripheral distortion (barrel distortion and pin-cushioning) in your photos; Auto or Manual options, edited image is saved as a new file
- Fisheye - Create copies of images that appear to have been photographed using a fisheye lens
- Color Outline - Outline an image, saves as new file
- Color Sketch - create a copy that resembles a color sketch
- Perspective control - Reduce the effects of perspective in photos of tall buildings, etc.
- Miniature effect - modify a long range shot to look as it were taken close-up
- Edit movie - Choose starting/stopping point to movies and delete unwanted scenes
Here you can see the D-lighting option. You can control the intensity of this feature with settings for Low, Normal or High.
You can also adjust the filter effects right in the camera.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Nikon MH-25 AC Charger - AC Plug Input