Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
- Delete - Delete images from memory card
- Playback folder - Select the active playback image folder
- Hide Image - Selected images only shown in this folder
- Playback Display Options - Select the playback display features: Shooting data, Histogram, Highlights, RGB Histogram, Focus point
- Copy Image(s) - Copy images from one card slot to the other
- Image review - Display image immediately after capture
- After delete - Select what will display after deleting an image or movie
- Rotate tall - Automatically rotate portrait oriented images for display
- Slide show - Start an automated slide show of the images in the current image folder
- DPOF Print Order - Enter DPOF printing information
- D-Lighting - brightens shadows, ideal for dark or back-lit photos
- Red-Eye Correction - Remove red-eye in your flash portraits (saves as a corrected copy, does not overwrite original)
- Trim - Crop and image and save as a new file
- Monochrome - Choose Black&White, Sepia or Cyanotype (blue and white monochrome)
- Filter Effects - Choose from Sky light, Warm filter, Red/Green/Blue intensifier, Cross screen, or Soft
- Color Balance - Use the multi-selector to create a copy of an image with modified color balance.
- Image Overlay - Combine two existing RAW photos to create a single picture that is saved separately. The new image is saved at the current image quality and size settings.
- NEF (RAW) processing - Convert RAW images to JPEG format in-camera with minimal editing options for white balance, image size, exposure comp., picture control, etc.
- Resize - create a smaller copy of an image and save to selected card
- Quick retouch - Enhances saturation and contrast as well as applies D-lighting as required; image is then saved as a new file
- Straighten - Correct images that are not level
- Distortion control - Reduce effects of peripheral distortion (barrel distortion and pin-cushioning) in your photos; Auto or Manual options, edited image is saved as a new file
- Fisheye - Create copies of images that appear to have been photographed using a fisheye lens
- Color Outline - Outline an image, saves as new file
- Color Sketch - create a copy that resembles a color sketch
- Perspective control - Reduce the effects of perspective in photos of tall buildings, etc.
- Miniature effect - modify a long range shot to look as it were taken close-up
- Selective Color - Choose up to 3 colors from within an image to keep while the rest of the color will be removed for a creative look
- Edit movie - Choose starting/stopping point to movies and delete unwanted scenes
- Format memory card - Format the memory card
- Save user settings - assign scene modes or settings for different users.
- Reset user settings - reset to default settings
- Monitor brightness - Adjust LCD back light +3 to -3
- Clean Image Sensor - Cleans the Low Pass Filter to remove dust and dirt particles
- Lock Mirror Up for cleaning - Puts the camera in a mode for cleaning
- Image Dust Off ref photo - Capture a photo to be used with Capture NX 2's Dust Off feature
- HDMI - Select the HDMI format: Auto (camera selects appropriate format), 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i
- Flicker reduction - 50 or 60 Hz
- Time zone and date - Set the Time zone, date and time, date format, daylight saving time
- Language - Select the menu language
- Image comment - Enter a comment that will be embedded in the image information
- Auto image rotation - Auto rotates portrait mode images for proper video display
- Battery info - shows battery life and when it needs to be replaced
- Copyright information - enter name of artist or copyright holder
- Save/load settings - Save or load settings to and from a memory card
- GPS - Adjust settings for connection to a GPS unit, like Nikon's GP-1
- Virtual horizon - display a virtual horizon in the monitor
- Non-CPU lens data - select focal length and apertures to be used with non-CPU lenses
- AF fine tuning - save fine tuned values for individual lenses.
- Firmware Version - Display the camera's current firmware version information
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.