Nikon D5100 Preview
Nikon claims the D5100 and its powerful new features will help inspire "a new perspective of creativity", and if it performs as well as past models we're sure this claim will come about. Nested tightly between the D3100 and D7000, this new model offers a feature set that can be appreciated by beginners and experienced user alike. With Smart auto and various scene modes, those new to the dSLR world will be able to capture great shots, while learning along the way. Of course, the D5100 is packed full of manual exposure control options, along with a vast list of customizable settings to help photogs hone in their specific look.
The D5100 is scheduled to hit dealer shelves mid-month (April, 2011). Check back in the coming weeks/months as we update this page once we receive a unit in for testing.
Nikon D5100 features:
DX format CMOS image sensor
- Nikon EXPEED 2 image processing technology
- Dust Reduction System
- Durable shutter mechanism (tested
to 100,000 cycles)
- Accepts Nikon F-mount lenses (with 1.5x FOV multiplier)
- MPEG-4 (H.264) Full HD (1920x1080) video at 24, 25, or 30fps; 720p and 480p options also available
- Live View Mode uses the LCD as the viewfinder for framing images/movies
- Continuous drive at 4fps with dynamic buffer
- Fast 11-point AF System with robust modes including 3D Tracking
- 3.0-inch "Vari-Angle" color LCD with 921,000 pixels and 100% frame coverage
- ISO sensitivity from 100 to 6400; 12,800 and 25,600 available with ISO expansion
- Exposure compensation: ±5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps
- Noise Reduction circuitry for long exposures
- High ISO Noise Reduction
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card storage (Eye-Fi compatible)
- HDMI High Definition output as well as standard NTSC and PAL video output
- Consumer Electronics Control
- High-capacity EN-EL14 battery and compact AC Charger (up to shots on a single charge)
- Optional accessories, like the new ME-1 stereo Microphone
The D5100 will start shipping mid-April (2011) in two kit configurations:
- Body only - $799.95 US
- With the AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens - $899.95 US
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Keep your digital SLR camera and lens safe and secure -- and close at hand -- with this attractive leather-style holster carrying case from Rokinon.
Compatibility: Nikon D5100 - Camera - Silicon
Express Your Creativity With the Nikon D5100 Camera The Nikon D5100 Digital SLR Camera is a high-performance device that is specifically designed for the most creative ...
|$580 to $1,150|