Nikon D4 Preview
The D4 boasts a full-frame, FX-format, 16-megapixel CMOS image sensor, which is mated to their EXPEED 3 processing system. To help aid in fast autofocus, Nikon has included an upgraded version of their already proven 51-point phase detection AF system in the D4, which they claim offers unparalleled speed and accuracy; even when taking advantage of the D4's 10fps burst mode capabilities (at full resolution with AF / AE, or 11fps with AF / AE locked). The Multi-Cam 3500 AF system is also fully customisable, giving Pros the opportunity to set up the D4 specifically for their needs.
Other impressive features include a 91,000 pixel 3D Matrix Metering III sensor, ISO sensitivity from ISO 50 - 204,800 (with expansion enabled), Full HD video at 1080p (60p, 30p or 24p), in-camera HDR, Active D-Lighting, Dual CF card slots (compatible with new XQD cards), direct streaming of uncompressed full HD signal directly out of the camera using HDMI output, a 3.2-inch LCD with 921k dots, Advanced SRS (Face Detection and Scene Analysis), a tough body and chassis (resists moisture, dust, and even electromagnetic interference), and much much more.
Nikon D4 Main Features:
- Rugged, magnesium alloy frame that is moisture, dust and EMI resistant
- Full-frame, FX-format 16.2-megapixel CMOS sensor; 7.3µ pixel size, 16-bit
- New EXPEED 3 processing system
- Enhanced Multi-Cam 3500 AF sensor, 51-points, fully customizable
- Shutter rated at over 400,000 cycles, and also features a Self-diagnostic monitor
- Shutter speed range of 1/8000 to 30 sec. in 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV steps
- 10 frames-per-second shooting at full resolution with AF / AE; up to 11fps with AF / AE locked
- ISO range of 100 to 12,800 (expandable to 50 and 204,800)
- New 91,000-pixel RGB metering sensor
- Full-HD 1080p resolution video recording in 60p, 30p and 24p; lower resolution settings also available
- 3.2-inch LCD with 921k dots of resolution
- Eye-level Pentamirror viewfinder
- Illuminated camera controls
- Two-axis Virtual Horizon indicator; helps keep shots level
- Advanced SRS with Face detection and recognition and scene analysis
- In-camera HDRrrr; combines two shots with up to 3EV difference in exposure
- HDMI output; also allows for video streaming
- EN-EL18 Li-ion battery provides up to 2600 shots per charge
- Ethernet port Dual card slots: New XQD Compact Flash (CF) and regular CF
The Nikon D4 body will become available sometime in late February (2012) with a MSRP of $5,999.95 USD.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Lens Hood for Canon EF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 SLR Lens (EW-78D) One of the most important accessories for each lens you own.
Livescribe - Accessory kit - for Pulse Smartpen
Edlund's "Old Reliable" #1 Can Opener with Plated Base. For cans up tp 11" Tall. Packed Ea.
|$88 to $156|
Don't just take snapshots! Take control over your composition with increased camera performance and sharper images that will exceed your expectations!