Thanks to the extra-large touch screen LCD, all of the camera settings have to be accessed with it. There are no on-camera setting controls, leaving you to the basic buttons on the left side and the camera's shooting menu.
The S810c features all automatic shooting modes, allowing anyone to use it. Shown above is Easy Auto, the most basic shooting mode. Here the camera will take care of almost every setting for you.
Nikon CoolPix S810c Scene Modes: Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Night Portrait, Party/Indoor, Beach, Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Night Landscape, Close-up, Food, Fireworks Show, Black and White Copy, Backlighting, Easy Panorama, Pet Portrait.
Special Effects Shooting modes: Soft, Sepia, High-Contrast Monochrome, High Key, Low Key, Selective Color, Cross Process, Pop, Super Vivid, Toy Camera Effect 1-2.
Since there are no mode dials or switches, you have to choose your shooting mode from this Mode Screen.
The four control buttons on the left of the LCD screen feature the same settings that you would normally find associated to the 4-way controller on other cameras: Flash Mode, Self-Timer, Macro Shooting and Exposure Compensation.
Auto Mode Shooting Settings:
- Image Mode - 16M*, 16M, 8M, 4M, 2M, VGA, 12M (16:9), 2M (16:9), 12M (1:1)
- Touch Shooting - Touch Shutter, Subject Tracking, Touch AF/AE
- ISO - Auto, Fixed Range Auto, 125, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Continuous - Single, Continuous H, Continuous L, Continuous H: 120fps, Continuous H 60fps, BSS (Best Shot Selector), Multi-Shot 16
- White Balance - Auto, Preset Manual, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Flash
- AF Area Mode - Face Priority, Center, Target-Finding AF
With no dedicated video recording button, the camera must be switched to movie mode in order for the camera to record. The camera is capable of capturing full 1080p videos with stereo sound.
Rec Movie Menu:
- Movie Options - 1080p* 30fps, 1080p 30fps, 720p 30fps, 480p, 30fps, 240p 240fps, 480p 120fps, 720p 60fps, 1080p 15fps
- Touch Shooting - On or Off
- AF Mode - AF-S, AF-F
- Wind Noise Reduction - On or Off