Nikon Coolpix S80 Preview
Along with the S7000 and S8100, Nikon also announced a new touch screen camera, the Coolpix S80. With a sleeker design than the S70
, the Nikon S80 has a sliding front sheath that activates the camera when uncovering the viewfinder and flash. When the camera is rotated vertically or horizontally during operation, the controls on the screen also rotate to your viewing angle. The touch screen on the S80 is 3.5 inches and uses the 14.1-megapixel sensor to take shots. Other features of the S80 include a 5x optical zoom, a thin 0.7" body and 720p HD movie recording.
We are looking forward to testing this unit in the months to come, so stay tuned as we update this page once we get our hands on a full production unit. Nikon Coolpix S80 Major Features:
- 3.5-inch OLED High Resolution, 819K-dot Touch Screen (180 degree viewing angle)
- 14.1-megapixel CCD Sensor
- 5x Wide Angle Optical Zoom NIKKOR ED Glass Lens (35‐175mm, 35mm equivalent)
- Vibration Reduction Image Stabilization System
- 0.7" thin camera designed for pockets
- HD (720p) Movie Recording with HDMI output
- Easy Auto Mode, Smart Portrait System, Scene Auto Selector, Subject Tracking
- Supports SD/SDHC/SDXC type memory cards
The Nikon Coolpix S80 is targeted to roll out in stores in Fall 2010 for a MSRP of $329.95 US. It comes in six different colors: Black, Blue, Red, Pink, Gold and Silver / Brown.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.