Playback Screens & Menus
Here you can see the playback image when you press the Play button on the top left. Like Record mode, there is no "Play Menu". Most of the available playback options are accessible right from the screen. There is very basic exposure info shown, just the time&date, file number, resolution, and picture # out of total captured.
Above you can see the screen that is displayed when you Press the INFO button at the bottom left. On most cameras, this would show the extended exposure information. However, on the S70 it brings up all available playback options, including many in-camera editing functions.
You can sort through images using the Auto sort function. When images are placed in the available categories, a small thumbnails will be displayed. This will allow you to organize photos stored on your SDHC card in camera.
Here you can see the basic Index playback function. It allows you to quickly scroll through images, showing 6 thumbnails at a time. From here you can also protect, set DPOF settings, delete, and Magnify and image.
Here you can see the Magnify or Zoom image playback function. One enlarged, you drag your finger on the screen to scroll around inside the image. You also have the option to Cut (crop) the photo at any magnification. The cropped photo is saved as a new file, the original is not overwritten; which is a very good thing.
Here you can see one of the various editing options; Paint. This is a neat little option that allows you to use basic "Windows Paint" type tools to alter photos.
Above is the audio memo option, which allows you to record up to 20 seconds of voice/audio that will be attached to the photo.
- Home display - Choose the display style of the Home menu; Photograph, Clip art, Craft
- Welcome screen - Change the image used in the power up screen
- Date - Set the internal time and date
- Monitor Settings - Info displayed on LCD, brightness
- Date imprint - Records date, date & time, date counter onto image
- Electronic VR - On or Off
- AF Assist - Auto or Off
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Sound settings - Camera sound effects and volume
- Auto Off - Sleep delay time: 30s, 1m, 5m, 30m
- Format card - Format SD card
- Language - Choose from one of the many languages
- Video Mode - NTSC, PAL
- Charge by Computer - Auto, Off
- Blink Warning - On, Off
- Reset all - Reset all settings to default
- Copy - Allows you to copy files from internal memory to SDHC card or from SDHC card to internal memory
- Firmware version - Display the camera's internal software version
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.