Nikon Coolpix S70 Review
Review posted 3/15/2010
|Excellent build quality; Stylish design; Nice 5x wide optical zoom lens; Fast start-up and auto focus; Accurate "Easy" shooting mode; Effective Touch shooting function; Captures nice 12-megapixel images|
|Slower than average GUI; Mediocre shooting performance; HD video quality not up to par; Touch shooting not quite as fast as Nikon markets|
|Nikon's Coolpix S70 is an interesting Touch enabled model. While
offering some very appealing features, the S70 suffers from slower than
average response time, and a "clunky" GUI. Read our full Conclusion for more details. |
The Coolpix S70 is Nikon's latest ultra-compact digicam, which is loaded with high-end features tucked into a stylish and sleek exterior. This model offers full touch control, with the only one button on the camera; the shutter release. For those who want full touch control, the S70 offers a "Touch Shutter" function, which allows you to tap the screen to capture an image. The point in which you touch the screen will also control the active autofocus point.
Other appealing features Nikon integrated on the S70 include a sliding lens cover, which also acts as the power on/off switch, a wide Nikkor 5x optical zoom lens with their newer 5-way VR (Vibration Reduction) stabilization system, 720p HD video recording, Subject tracking, and much more.
Nikon Coolpix S70 Key Features:
- 12-Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch imaging sensor
- 5x optical zoom: 35mm equivalent of 28-140mm
- 3.5-inch touchscreen OLED monitor with anti-reflective coating
- Touch Shutter function, tap the LCD to start autofocus and capture an image
- Record video at HD and SD resolutions: HD 720p (1280x720), TV movie 640 HQ, TV movie 640, small size 320 HQ, small size
- 9-point AF system with Intelligent, Spot, Multi, and Subject Tracking options
- Easy Auto, Auto (Program), and 17 pre-programmed scene modes
- Automatic scene mode selection with "Scene Auto Selector"
- 256-segment mettering with Matrix, Center-weighted, and Spot options
- Quick retouch
- 5-way VR image stabilization
- Smart Portrait System
- 20MB internal Memory
- Li-Ion rechargeable Battery, which can be charged via USB
- Included rapid AC charger replenishes battery in 4 hours or less
- SD and SDHC compatible
Included with the S70:
- Li-Ion Battery
- Battery Charger
- USB Cable
- AV Cable
- Software Suite CD-ROM
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.