Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Pressing the wide zoom while in Playback mode takes you to the index screen. Pressing it more than once allows you to select how many thumbnails you would like to see. Either 4, 9 or 16 can be shown. Pressing it one more time takes you to the calender view, where you can choose you images based on the date in which they were taken.
Going the opposite way (t) allows you to zoom in on an image. You can zoom up to 10x in multiple steps. The 4-way controller then allows you to scroll around through the image.
Playback menu has options for Quick Retouch, D-Lighting, Skin Softening, Print set (DPOF) printing information, Slide show, Delete, Protect, Rotate Image, Small pic, Voice Memo and Copy.
Quick retouch automatically adds contrast and lightens the darker areas of the photograph to make it more eye catching and adds detail to the shadows.
D-Lighting is the feature that adds detail and lightens the shadow areas of your image. It is part of the process (quick retouch) shown above.
At any point after you have zoomed in on your image, you can press the menu button to save a new image of just what you see on the screen. This is the camera's version of a built-in cropping feature.
Small picture allows you to "resize" any image on the camera. This will save a new copy of the image at one of the resolutions listed above. These smaller images are great for saving space, email or posting to the internet.
- Menus - Select text or icon style menu screens
- Welcome screen - Change the image used in the power up screen
- Date - Set the internal time and date
- Monitor Settings - Info displayed on LCD, brightness
- Date imprint - Records date, date & time, date counter onto image
- Vibration Reduction - On or Off
- Motion Detection - Auto or Off
- AF Assist - Auto or Off
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Sound settings - Camera sound effects and volume
- Auto Off - Sleep delay time: 30s, 1m, 5m, 30m
- Format card - Format SD card
- Language - Choose from one of the many languages
- Video Mode - NTSC, PAL
- Charge by Computer - Auto, Off
- Blink Warning - On, Off
- Reset all - Reset all settings to default
- Firmware version - Display the camera's internal software version
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.