Record Screens & Menus
Please excuse the poor quality of these screen captures. The S6300 kit does not include an AV output cable, therefore we had to photograph the display screen.
You must work through the Set Up menu to determine what the data will look like on the screen when you're preparing to shoot an image.
If you stick with the display's default mode, when you initially start the camera, you'll see all of the shooting data displayed here. After 4-5 seconds, the information on the screen disappears, leaving a blank screen, other than the battery icon in the upper right corner. Press the shutter button halfway to see the shooting information again.
Quite a few basic menu options are available from the main shooting screen. You can press the flash button on the four-way button to open the flash menu, through which you can control the flash unit. Pressing the exposure compensation button opens the EV menu, shown here. You also can access the self-timer and macro menus easily from the main shooting screen.
When you press the Menu button on the back of the camera, you'll see the two menu options shown here, the Set Up and Shooting menus.
The Set Up menu gives you access to a large number of options for controlling the S6300, including:
- Welcome Screen - None, Coolpix, or Select An Image
- Time Zone and Date - Date and Time, Date Format (Y/M/D, M/D/Y, or D/M/Y), or Time Zone (Home Time Zone and Travel Destination)
- Monitor Settings - Photo Info (Show Info, Auto Info, Hide Info, Framing Grid + Auto Info, or Movie Frame + Auto Info), Image Review (On or Off), Brightness (5 steps, 1 through 5)
- Print Date - Date, Date and Time, or Off
- Vibration Reduction - On or Off
- Motion Detection - Auto or Off
- AF Assist - Auto or Off
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Sound Settings - Button Sound (On or Off) and Shutter Sound (On or Off)
- Auto Off - 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, or 30 minutes
- Format Card - Yes or No
- Language - 29 options
- TV Settings - Video Mode (NTSC or PAL), HDMI (Auto, 480p, 720p, or 1080i), HDMI Device Control (On or Off), and HDMI 3D Output (On or Off)
- Charge By Computer - Auto or Off
- Blink Warning - On or Off
- Eye-Fi Upload - Enable or Disable
- Filmstrip - On or Off
- Reset All - Yes or No
- Firmware Version
The Shooting menu gives you access to a large number of options for recording your photos, including:
- Image Mode - 16M (automatic), 16M, 12M (widescreen), 8M, 4M, 2M, or VGA
- White Balance - Auto, Preset Manual, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, or Flash
- Continuous - Single, Continuous H, Continuous L, Pre-shooting Cache, Continuous H 120 fps, Continuous H 60 fps, BSS (Best Shot Selection), or Multi-shot 16
- ISO - Auto, Fixed Range Auto, 125, 200, 400, 800, 1600, or 3200
- Color Options - Standard Color, Vivid Color, Black-and-White, Sepia, or Cyanotype
- AF Area - Face Priority, Auto, Manual, or Center
- Autofocus - Single AF or Full-Time AF
The Image Mode, White Balance, and Color Options menus are shown above.
Pressing the Scene button on the back panel of the camera gives you access to some quick shooting mode menus, including the Scene Mode Menu (shown here with the 20 scene modes that are available) and the Special Effect Menu (shown here with six options). The Scene button's quick menus include:
- Auto Mode - Basic shooting mode
- Scene - Back Light, Beach, Close Up, Copy, Dusk/Dawn, Easy Panorama, Fireworks, Food, Landscape, Museum, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Scene Auto Selector, Snow, Sports, Sunset, 3D
- Special Effect - Soft, Nostalgic Sepia, High Contrast Monochrome, High Key, Low Key, Selective Color
- Smart Portrait
- Subject Tracking
The information screen when shooting movies is quite a bit different from the still image screen with the Coolpix S6300. You'll see a REC button in the upper left corner, as well as a line along the bottom of the screen that indicates how much time you can record video on the memory card until you've occupied all of the remaining storage space. You also can see which movie resolution mode you're using in the lower right corner.
The Movie menu, which is available by pressing the menu button, provides just a few different control options, including:
- Movie Options - HD 1080p, HD 720p, IFrame 540, VGA, HS 120 fps, HS 60 fps, or HS 15 fps
- Open With HS Footage - On or Off
- Autofocus Mode - Single AF or Full-time AF
- Wind Noise Reduction - On or Off
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Buy related cameras and accessories from Amazon.com
||PANASONIC DMCFH27SC DIG CAM,16MP,8X,SILVER
||Fujifilm - FinePix S4830 16.0-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black (Bundle)
||Samsung SL420 10MP Digital Camera with 5x Dual Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD (Black)
||Kodak Easyshare M530 12 MP Digital Camera with 3x Wide Angle Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Red)
||Sony DSCW830/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Black)
||MH-65 Battery charger for Nikon EN-EL12 Battery and Nikon Coolpix AW100, AW100s, AW110, AW110s, P300, P310, P330, S31, S70, S610, S620, S630, S640, S800c, S1000pj, S1100pj, S1200pj, S6000, S6100, S6150, S6200, S6300, S8000, S8100, S8200, S9050, S9100, S9200, S9300, S9400, S9500
||Ultimate 20 Piece Accessory Kit for Nikon Coolpix AW130, AW120, AW110, P340, S9700, P330, S9500, S9300, S9100, S8200, S8100, S8000, S6300, S6200, S6150, S6100, S6000, S1000pj, S1100pj, S1200pj, AW100, S800c, S610, S610c, S620, S630, S640, S70, S31, S710, P310, P300 Digital Cameras Includes: 32GB High Speed Memory Card + 1 High Capacity EN-EL12 / ENEL12 Lithium-ion Battery with Quick AC/DC Charger + 60" Inch Full Size Tripod + a Water Resistant Padded Case + Universal Card Reader + Flexible Mini Table Tripod + Memory Case Wallet Holder + Screen Protectors + Deluxe Cleaning Kit + Lens Cap Keeper + Ultra Fine HeroFiber Cleaning Cloth