Nikon Coolpix S6200 Hands On Preview
Steve's recently got a few minutes to get a hands on look at six pre-production models Nikon will be bringing to stores this September as part of their ever expanding Coolpix series. The slimmest, and most affordable in the new bunch is the S6200, a follow up to the S6100.
Featuring one of the smallest bodies available with a 10x optical NIKKOR ED zoom (25-250mm in 35mm terms) lens, the S6200 is light and pocket sized. It houses a 16 megapixel CCD sensor (which helps keep the cost down) and a 2.7 inch LCD monitor (which helps keep the size down. And despite these cost saving parts, it still features the same EXPEED C2 digital image processor and Smart Portrait System as every other new S-series COOLPIX camera.
The micro-HDMI out will be great for watching your captured 720p HD movies recorded at 30 frames per second in stereo sound. Overall, it was a well appointed, easy to use camera that fits well enough into pockets, and yet affords users access to a long lens.
Nikon Coolpix S6200 Features:
- 16 megapixel 1/2.3 inch CCD
- 2.7" monitor
- 10x optical zoom (25-250mm 35mm equivalent)
- 720p/30 HD movie recording with stereo sounds
- micro-HDMI out
- VR system to eliminate blur
- EXPEED C2 digital image processor
- Smart Portrait System (In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Face-Priority AF, Smile Mode, Blink Warning, and Skin Softening).
- Dimensions: 3.7 x 2.3 x 1.0 inches (93 x 56.7 x 25.4 mm)
- Weight: 5.7 ounces (160 g)
The Nikon Coolpix S6200 will debut September 12, 2011 with an MSRP of $229.95. It will be available in silver, red, blue, black, and pink.
Additional Product Views:
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.