Record Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Half-Pressing the shutter release allows the camera to lock focus, which is shown by the 9 green rectangles and the exposure information at the bottom.
Scene modes: Auto Scene Selector, Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Night Portrait, Party, Beach, Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Night Landscape, Close-up, Food, Museum, Fireworks, Black and White, Draw, Back lighting, Panorama and Pet.
Since there is no 4-way controller, the menu on the left replaces it and offers the Flash, Self-Timer, Macro and Exposure Compensation.
- Image Size - 16M*, 16M, 8M, 5M, 3M, PC, VGA, 16:9 (12M)
- Touch Shooting - Touch shutter, Subject tracking, Touch AF/AE
- ISO - Auto, Fixed Range, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Continuous - Single, Continuous, Best Shot Selector (BSS), Mutli-Shot Selector
- White Balance - Auto, Preset Manual, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Flash
- Movie Options - HD (720), VGA (480)
- Movie AF mode - Single AF, Full-Time AF
- Wind Noise Reduction - On or Off
- Welcome Screen - None, CoolPix, Select an Image
- Monitor Settings - Shooting, Playback, Image Review, Brightness
- Vibration Reduction - On or Off
- Time Zone and Date - Set the time date and location for where you live
- Print Date - Date, Date and Time, Off
- Motion Detection - Auto or Off
- AF Assist - Auto or Off
- Sound Settings - Button, Shutter
- Format Card - Erase all images and data
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Auto Off - 30 sec, 1 min, 5 min, 30 min
- Language - Select the camera language
- TV Settings - Video mode, HDMI, HDMI Device control
- Blink Warning - On or Off
- Copy - copy images back and forth from the internal memory
- Charge by Computer - Auto of Off
- Reset All - Reset to the factory defaults
- Firmware Version - Displays the current firmware version
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.