Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Pressing the zoom lever to the "wide" end enter the camera into playback mode. Once in index mode, you can choose between 4, 9 or 16 thumbnail views to help you quickly search through your images.
Pressing to the "telephoto" end of the zoom allows you to zoom in on a single image up to 10x. To scroll through the image, just touch the LCD and drag your finger. In the top right corner you can see the scissor icon. This allows you to crop your image down to just what you see on the LCD screen.
- Favorite Pictures - Select and view your "favorite images"
- Delete - Delete one, several or all of the images on the memory card
- Slideshow - view your images in a slideshow
- Protect - Protect your images from being deleted
- Print Order - Select the number of images to be printed when the camera is connected to a PC or Printer
- Paint - Allows you to draw or paint on an image
- Retouch - Select a retouch feature to edit an image (shown below)
- Voice Memo - Add an audio message to an image for playback
- Quick Retouch - An auto retouch with 3 levels of editing
- D-Lighting - Automatically brightens the dark shadow areas of the image to add detail
- Stretch - Widens or shrinks the width of the image
- Perspective Control - Skews the image to offset a bad perspective
- Filter Effect - Color Options, Softness, Selective Color, Cross Screen, Fisheye, Miniature Effect
- Glamour Retouch - Add glamour effects to a portrait
- Resize - Create a smaller copy of an image
- Rotate - Change the orientation of an image by 90° at a time
Playing back a movie on the camera is as simple as touching the camera's LCD screen in the middle. You also have VCR/DVR controls along the bottom of the screen to give you total control over your movies.The videos can also be shown on an HDTV via an optional HDMI cable.