Record Screens & Menus
By Matt Metzker
When you half-press the shutter release the autofocus is locked and the exposure is calculated and set. If autofocus was successful the AF brackets will turn green, if it fails they will be red and blink.
Smart Portrait mode is an additional portrait shooting mode in addition to the scene mode. This mode activates the new Skin Softening and allows for the Smile timer, Blink proof and Blink warning features to work while you are shooting.This feature informs you if someone blinked at the time of the image capture.
The 4-way controller features shortcuts to common settings while you are shooting. Pressing it "Up" presents the flash options, "Right" Exposure Compensation, "Down" Macro Mode and "Right" is the self timer.
Rec. Shooting Menu:
- Image mode - 12M* High, 12M Normal, 8M Normal, 5M Normal, 3M Normal, PC, TV, 16:9
- White balance - Auto, Preset Manual, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Flash
- Continuous - Shooting mode: Single frame, Continuous, BSS, Multi-Shot 16
- ISO sensitivity - Auto, Fixed Range Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Color options - Standard color, Vivid color, B&W, Sepia, Cyanotype
- AF area mode - Face Priority, Auto, Manual, Center
Movie mode allows you to capture video with sound at resolutions of 640x480 and 320x240 in High Quality and 640x480 and 320x240 in Normal Quality. During recording you are not able to use the optical zoom, but you can use the digital zoom. Before you start recording, however, you may set the optical zoom anywhere within the zoom range.
Rec. Movie Menu:
- Movie Options - 640x480HQ, 640x480, 320x240HQ, 320x240
- Autofocus Mode - Single AF, Full Time AF
- Electronic VR - on, off
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.