In between the S6100 and the S3100 also announced today, Nikon's COOLPIX S4100 offers a touch screen interface on a 3-inch TFT LCD, ideal for showing off recent photographs or playing back HD video clips. The S4100 offers 14-Megapixel resolution and also comes with a 5x wide-angle optical zoom lens.
The S4100 shoots 1280x720 resolution (720p) video (up to 1.5 hours of battery life) and has an ISO sensitivity of 80 to 3200. Similar to the other cameras in the S series, the S4100 includes a variety of automatic tools for adjusting for different scenes, facial expressions and even pet expressions (cat/dog). The camera also uses Nikon's EXPEED C2 digital image processing as well as NIKKOR ED glass for the lens.
Nikon COOLPIX S4100 features:
- 14-megapixel 1/2.3" CCD image sensor
- 5x optical zoom (28-130mm equivalent zoom range)
- Up to 4x Digital Zoom
- 3.0-inch LCD Touch Screen (460,000 dot resolution)
- 720p HD video recording
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Face-Priority AF, Face Priority AE, Smile Mode, Blink Warning and Skin Softening modes
- Scene Auto Selector / Easy Auto Mode
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot
- Li-ion battery pack
The Nikon COOLPIX S4100 will hit store shelves in late February 2011, with four color options to choose from; Black, Red, Plum and Silver. The COOLPIX S4100 digital camera will have a MSRP of $179.95 US.