Record Screens & Menus
Auto mode is actually the same as Program mode on most common digicams. Here the camera still gives you automatic exposure control, however now you have access to various settings like ISO, White Balance, Focus mode, etc. In the photo above, you can see icons for Auto (camera icon), Marco Focus, the battery level indicator, the steady warning (waving hand), etc.
Half-Pressing the shutter release allows the camera to lock the exposure and focus. Depending on what AF mode is being used, one or many of the 9 AF points will turn green if AF is successful, and the exposure information the camera chose will be at the bottom.
Here you can see the Modes menu, which is brought up by pressing the green camera icon. You can choose Easy Auto, one of several Scene mode, a Digital Filter, Smart Portrait, or Auto mode.
Scene modes: Portrait, Back Light, Beach, Black and White Copy, Close Up, Dusk/Dawn, Fireworks Show, Food, Landscape, Museum, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Panorama Assist, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Snow, Sports, Sunset
There are six creative filters to choose from, all of which allow you to explore your creativity; Soft Focus, Nostalgic Sepia, High-Contrast Monochrome, High key, Low Key, Selective Color.
Here we can see the shortcut options on the 4-way controller when using Auto (aka Program) mode. You can quickly adjust settings for Flash, Self-Timer, Macro and Exposure Compensation.
- Image Size - 14M*, 14M, 8M, 5M, 3M, PC, VGA, 16:9 (10M)
- White Balance - Auto, Preset Manual, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Flash
- Continuous - Single, Continuous, Best Shot Selector (BSS), Mutli-Shot Selector
- ISO - Auto, Fixed Range, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400
- AF Area mode - Auto (9-Area), Center, Face Priority, Manual with 99 areas, Subject tracking
- AF mode - AF-S, AF-C
The S1200pj's can record 720p HD video with a fixed frame rate of 30fps with stereo sound. There are also options for iFrame (960x540) and Standard Definition TV (640x480). You have full use of the camera's zoom lens while video is recording. Files are saved in MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format (.MOV).
- Movie Options - 720p, iFrame, Standard TV
- AF mode - AF-S, AF-C
- Movie light - Off or On
- Wind Noise Reduction - On or Off
- Enhanced Resolution - Auto, Off
- Welcome Screen - None, CoolPix, Select an Image
- Time Zone and Date - Set the time date and location for where you live
- Monitor Settings - Shooting, Playback, Image Review, Brightness
- Projector Settings - Toggle the energy saving feature of the projector system, which dims the output to save the battery
- Print Date - Date, Date and Time, Off
- Vibration Reduction - On or Off
- Motion Detection - Auto or Off
- AF Assist - Auto or Off
- Sound Settings - Button, Shutter
- Auto Off - 30 sec, 1 min, 5 min, 30 min
- Format Card - Erase all images and data
- Language - Select the camera language
- Interface - Video mode, HDMI, HDMI Device control
- Charge by Computer - Auto of Off
- Blink Warning - On or Off
- Reset All - Reset to the factory defaults
- Firmware Version - Displays the current firmware version
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Increase your shooting capacity with this powerful EN-EL12 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
8 Slot SD Card Clear Plastic Case - Includes 2 MicroSD Card Slots Clear Plastic Case Fits 8 SD Cards - Includes 2 MicroSD Card Slots
Compatible With Nikon: CoolPix S1000pj / S620 / S630 / S710 / S610 / S610c/ S640 / S70 / Nikon Coolpix S8000 / Coolpix S1100pj / Coolpix S8100 / S9100 / S6100 / P300 / S1200pj ...
Our EZOPower ETL Charger is certificated by Intertek, the leader of product quality and safety Certification organization.