Nikon has announced the new Coolpix P7800
. Replacing last year's P7700
, which had "outstanding image quality" and "performed especially well in low light," the P7800 carries over many of the P7700's strongest features. Namely, the 12.2 MP 1/1.7" CMOS image sensor, Full HD 1080p video recording, full manual controls, and a 7.1x optical zoom lens (F/2.0-4.0) with lens-shift VR (vibration reduction).
But don't worry, the P7800 isn't a simple rebadging.
Nikon has upgraded performance as well as hardware. High speed burst shooting can capture up to 8 full resolution frames-per-second (up to 6 consecutive shots). And the new 3.0-inch Vari-angle LCD display is now RGBW (Red, Green, Blue, White). The addition of the white pixels in the display aid in visibility outdoors, and helps reduce power consumption. They've also added a new 921k dot EVF (electronic viewfinder). And, there's finally an accessory port, which allows the P7800 to work with numerous Nikon accessories, including Wi-Fi modules, GPS, wireless remotes, external microphones, and even the newly announced LD-1000 LED Movie Light.
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Features
- 1/1.7-inch 12.2 megapixel backside-illuminated CMOS image sensor
- 7.1x optical zoom lens (28-200mm equivalent)
- Upgraded RGBW 3.0-inch Vari-angle LCD display
- 921k dot Electronic View Finder
- Lens-shift Vibration Reduction (VR)
- 8 frames-per-second continuous shooting
- for up to 6 consecutive shots
- Full HD 1080p video recording
- Full Manual Controls (P, S, A, M)
- RAW image capture
- Optional Accessories include:
- The NEW LD-1000 LED Movie Light (pictured below)
- WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter
Nikon's new Coolpix P7800 will hit streets in September (2013) with an MSRP of $549.95.
Additional Product Views
Nikon Coolpix P7800 with Optional LD-1000 LED Movie Light