Pressing the play button on the back of the camera enters it into playback mode. The DISP button allows you to change the amount of information that is shown about each image, ranging from none to a full list including a histogram.
Pressing the zoom control to the wide side (only the zoom control coupled around the shutter release), enters the camera into index mode. Here you can see thumbnails of you images to quickly search through your stored images. You can also select your images based on the date in which they were taken.
Pressing the same zoom control to the telephoto side allows you to zoom in on an image up to 10x. Once you have zoomed in, you can use the 4-way controller to scroll around the image. Also once you have zoomed in, you can press the menu button to crop that image to what you see on the LCD screen.
The Playback menu has options for: Quick Retouch, D-Lighting, Skin Softening, Filter Effects, Print Order (DPOF) printing information, Slide show, Protect, Rotate Image, Small picture, Voice Memo, Copy, add a Black Border, Sequence display options and Choose key picture.
D-Lighting helps to add some detail to shadows and highlights, making an HDR-like image. This will give you more detail in high contrast images.
You have the ability to add an effect to any of your captured images with the Filter Effects. Selective color and Painting can also be done while shooting, while the others are only available after an image has been captured.
Small picture allows you to create a smaller copy of any image that is saved on the SD card. This is a fast and easy way to make small copies for email and uploading to the web without taking time to edit them on a computer.
Quick Retouch allows the camera to auto enhance an image, the same way that an image editing program would. Again this is a fast and easy way to do some post editing work without the need for a computer.
Camera Set Up Menu:
- Welcome screen - Change the image used in the power up screen
- Time Zone and Date - Set the internal time and date
- Monitor Settings - Toggle the info displayed on LCD and screen brightness
- Print Date - Off, date, date & time
- VR - On, or Off
- Motion Detection - Auto or Off
- AF Assist - Auto or Off
- Digital Zoom - On, Crop or Off
- Assign Side Zoom Control - Zoom, Manual Focus, Snap-Back Control
- Sound settings - Camera sound effects and volume
- Auto Off - 30s, 1min, 5min, 30min
- Format memory/Format card - Format the internal memory or SD card
- Language - Choose from one of the many languages
- TV settings - NTSC, PAL
- Fn Button - Image Size, Picture Control, White Balance, Metering, Continuous, ISO Sensitivity, AF area mode
- Charge by Computer - Auto, Off
- Toggle AV/TV Selection - On or OFf
- Reset file numbering - Restart the sequential file numbering
- Blink Warning - On, Off
- Filmstrip - On or Off
- Eye-Fi Upload - Enable, Disable
- Reverse Indicators - +0-, -0+
- Reset all - Reset all settings to default
- Firmware version - Display the camera's internal software version