Click on the Coolpix P5000 to take a QuickTime VR tour
Nikon is pleased to introduce the COOLPIX P5000 to the Nikon COOLPIX Performance Series of digital cameras.
This new model offers advanced functions, ease of operation, and high image quality that is sure to satisfy
photo and camera enthusiasts. The P5000 boasts 10 effective megapixels, a 3.5x Zoom-Nikkor glass lens, an
optical viewfinder, and a bright high resolution 2.5-inch LCD monitor with anti-reflection coating. The P5000
incorporates a new advanced image processing engine, which optimizes low light performance and color
reproduction, and Nikon's optical VR image stabilization, which compensates for camera shake.
The P5000 is compatible with add-on lens system components to extend the user's creative
possibilities, including the 24mm*** Wide-angle lens Converter (WC-E67) and the 378mm*** Telephoto Converter
lens (TC-E3ED). A built-in accessory "Hot shoe" supports the use of Nikon's advanced i-TTL flash control for
external flashes, including the SB-400, SB-600, and SB-800 Speedlights.
Providing optical VR image stabilization, helps compensate for camera shake to produce sharper images. The VR
stabilizes images displayed on the 2.5-inch LCD, which makes it easier to frame and capture images. Another
advantage of the optical VR image stabilization is that it helps achieve smoother action in the movie mode
and when using the optional TC-3ED Tele converter with 378mm of telephoto performance.
The new advanced image processing engine with enhanced noise reduction and an improved signal-to-noise (S/N)
ratio helps preserves image quality even when shooting at high ISO settings. The P5000 extends the light
sensitivity range to ISO 3200 (5MP only), which makes it possible to capture fast moving subjects with
outstanding clarity, even in lower light conditions.
Users can take advantage of the new mode dial which provides quick access to a selection of 15 different
scene-optimized modes, seven movie modes, Anti-Shake mode and High Sensitivity mode. A turn of the mode dial
to Anti-Shake mode activates High ISO and Best Shot Selector (BSS) in addition to VR, which automatically
sets the optimal ISO for steady results and will allow users to select and save the best image from up to ten
sequential shots. In addition, the mode dial has the choice of Auto [Camera icon] Program AE [P], Shutter-
priority Auto [S], Aperture-priority Auto [A], and Manual [M] exposure modes for even greater camera control.
The COOLPIX P5000 has three Nikon In-Camera image innovations to correct common photo problems. This includes
Face-priority AF**, which can automatically find and focus on a subject's face, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, which
automatically corrects red-eye, and D-Lighting, an innovation that automatically creates a copy of the image
with detail added where necessary, but with well-exposed areas left completely untouched. Because the P5000's
2.5-inch LCD monitor has an anti-reflection coating, viewing the monitor is easy even in bright sunlight.
This model also features an optical viewfinder for those photographers who prefer a classic composition aid.
The P5000 also comes with Nikon's PictureProject software, powerful yet user-friendly software that makes
transferring, organizing, editing and sharing photos easy. Furthermore, the P5000 has PictBridge support and
is compatible with SDHC memory cards.
Coolpix P5000 Features:
- 10-megapixel effective CCD
- Nikkor 3.5x optical zoom lens (36-126mm in 35mm equivalent)
- Compact, durable and lightweight body
- Vibration Reduction (VR) for sharp, blur-free images and movies
- Macro focus with AF as close as 1.6 inches
- Selectable 99-point AF : Auto-multi (9-point) or Center-focus area selection available
- Exclusive Face Priority AF makes taking incredible portraits easy
- 256-segment Matrix Metering with Center-weighted, Spot, or Spot AF metering
- Large 2.5-inch glare-resistant color monitor
- Program AE, Shutter priority, Aperture priority, Manual and 17 pre-programmed Scene modes
- Single, Continuous, Continuous Flash, and Interval Timer burst modes
- 640x480 @ 30fps movie mode with sound, length limited only by memory card capacity
- Attach voice memos up to 20 seconds to still images
- Built-in flash with auto, fill, slow sync, and red-eye reduction
- Nikon's D-Lighting automatically brightens dark images in playback mode
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™ automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera
- TTL Auto White Balance, 6 presets, custom set and bracketing
- 21MB internal memory and SD/SDHC memory card slot
- USB connectivity, PictBridge direct-print compliant
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery and charger included
The Nikon COOLPIX P5000 is available now with an MSRP of $399.95, and ships with USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video
Cable EG-CP14, Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL5, Battery Charger MH-61, Strap, and PictureProject CD-ROM.