Record Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Along with auto mode, you have the choice of Program, Aperture and Shutter Priority, Manual and a slew of scene modes for any shooting situation. Shown above is Program mode, which actually allows you to change the shutter speed and aperture by rotating the command dial.
The P500's scene modes include: Scene Auto Selector, Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Party/Indoor, Beach, Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Close-Up, Food, Museum, Fireworks show, Black and white copy, Panorama, Pet Portrait, Image Quality and Image size.
Pressing the 4-way controller up changes the flash mode, right adjusts exposure compensation, down enables macro mode and to the left sets the self-timer. When you are in a menu, then the controller allows you to make your selections.
Rec. Shooting Menu:
- Image quality - Fine, Normal, Basic
- Image size - 12M (4000x3000), 8M (3264x2448), 5M (2592x1944), 3M (2048x1536), 2M (1600x1200), 1M (1280x960), PC (1024x768), VGA (640x480), 3:2 (3648x2432), 16:9 9M (3984x2656), 16:9 2M (1920x1080), 1:1 (2736x2736)
- Optimize image - Choose color settings; Normal, Softer, Vivid, More Vivid, Portrait, Custom, Black-and-White, Custom
- White Balance - Auto, Preset Manual, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Flash
- ISO sensitivity - Auto, High ISO, Fixed Auto range (160-200 or 160-400), Preset: 160, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Metering - Matrix, Center-weighted, Spot, Spot AF area
- Exposure Bracketing - ±0.3, ±0.7, ±1.0, Off
- AF area mode - Face priority, Auto, Manual, Center
- Autofocus mode - Single AF, Full-time AF
- Flash exp. comp. - ±2.0EV in 1/3 EV steps
- Long Exposure Noise reduction - Auto or On
- Active D-Lighting - Off, High, Normal, Low
- Save User settings - Save current settings to the U position on the mode dial
- Reset User settings - Reset the settings that were saved to the U position on the mode dial
Rec. Movie Menu:
- Movie Options - HD 1080p*, HD 1080p, HD 720p, iFrame 540 (960x540), 640x480
- HS Movie options - 240fps, 120fps, 60fps, 15fps
- Autofocus Mode - Single AF, Full Time AF
- Electronic VR - on or off
- Wind noise reduction - on or off
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Nikon Coolpix P500 Digital Camera Battery Charger Mini Battery Charger Kit For Nikon EN-EL5 Battery - Replacement For Nikon MH-61 Charger - (110/220v with Car & EU adapters)
Mini Battery Charger Kit For Nikon EN-EL5 Battery - With fold-in wall plug, car & EU adapters - Replacement For Nikon MH-61 Charger
EN-EL5 Lithium-Ion Battery - Rechargeable Ultra High Capacity (1100 mAh) - replacement for Nikon EN-EL5
Nikon EH-69P Replacement AC Power Adapter / Charger for Coolpix Coolpix S100 S3100 S3300 S4100 S4300 S6100 S6200 S6300 S8200 S9100 S9300 P300 P310 P500 P510 Digital Cameras
This is an AC Adapter Charger that can be used to power Nikon Coolpix S01 / S100 / S800c / S3100 / S3300 / S4100 / S4200 / S4300 / S6100 / S6200 / S6300 / S6400 / S8200 / S9100 ...
2 Pack Battery Kit For Nikon COOLPIX P100 P500 P510 P520 Digital Camera Includes 2 Extended (1250 Mah) Replacement Nikon EN-EL5 Batteries + LCD Screen Protectors + ButterflyPhoto MicroFiber Cleaning Cloth
This Kit Includes Some Of The Essential Accessories You Need To Take Full Advantage Of Your New Nikon Coolpix Nikon Coolpix P100 P500 P510 P520 Digital Camera Product Description ...