Record Screens & Menus
Here you can see the Program mode option. It's much like Auto mode, where as the camera will set the appropriate shutter speed and aperture settings. However, now you have access to a few more advanced settings like ISO, Focus mode, White Balance, Color mode, etc. There's also the Program shift option which allows to to alter the exposure settings that the camera is going to use by rotating the control wheel.
When you half-press the shutter release the autofocus is locked and the exposure is calculated and set. If autofocus was successful the AF brackets will turn green, if it fails they will be red and blink.
Smart Portrait is an additional portrait shooting option in addition to the standard scene mode. This mode activates the new Skin Softening technology and allows for the Smile timer, Blink proof and Blink warning features to work while you are shooting. All of which are suppose to help beginners capture better looking people photos.
For more advanced users, the P100 also offers various levels of control, depending on how comfortable you are with the exposure process. Above you can see Shutter speed priority mode, which allows you to choose the desired shutter speed while the camera selects the corresponding aperture setting.
Aperture priority is the exact opposite of shutter speed mode, here you pick the desired Aperture value and the P100's auto exposure system will select an appropriate shutter speed.
Here you can see Manual mode. It gives you the most control over the camera exposure system. Here you choose both the shutter speed and aperture values. The shutter speed value will turn red to indicate that the AE system senses that the image will be underexposed. A small exposure scale will be displayed above the values to help you dial in the correct exposure (not shown above).
Rec. Shooting Menu:
- Image quality - Fine, Normal, Basic
- Image size - 10M (3648x2736), 8M (3264x2448), 5M (25921944), 3M (2048x1536), 2M (1600x1200), 1M (1280x960), PC (1024x768), VGA (640x480), 3:2 (3648x2432), 16:9 (3584x2016), 1:1 (2736x2736)
- Optimize image - Choose color settings; Normal, Softer, Vivid, More Vivid, Portrait, Custom, Black-and-White, Custom
- White Balance - Auto, Preset Manual, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Flash
- ISO sensitivity - Auto, High ISO, Fixed Auto range (160-200 or 160-400), Preset: 160, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Metering - Matrix, Center-weighted, Spot, Spot AF area
- Continuous - Single, Continuous H, Continuous L, BSS, Multi-shot 16, Interval timer
- Auto bracketing - Off, ±0.3, ±0.7, ±1.0 EV
- AF area mode - Face priority, Auto, Manual, Center
- Autofocus mode - Single AF, Full-time AF
- Flash exp. comp. - ±2.0EV in 1/3 EV steps
- Noise reduction - Auto or On
- Distortion control - Off or On
- Active D-Lighting - Off, High, Normal, Low
- Save User settings - Save current settings to the U position on the mode dial
- Reset User settings - Reset the settings that were saved to the U position on the mode dial
With the P100, you can start recording full 1080p HD video at any time, thanks to the dedicated Movie shutter release on the back of the camera. You have several video options with this model, which include: HD 1080p * (highest quality), HD 1080p, HD 720p, VGA, and QVGA. The frame rate in all mode is approx. 30fps. The P100 also captures stereo audio thanks to the stereo microphones mounted on the top of the camera. During recording you can use optical zoom, and there is also a digital zoom, however we recommend on using it. Movies are saved in QuickTime .MOV format. The maximum length of a video clip is 4GB in size or 29 minutes, which ever comes first.
Rec. Movie Menu:
- Movie Options - HD 1080p*, HD 1080p, HD 720p, 640x480, 320x240
- HS Movie options - 240fps, 120fps, 60fps, 15fps
- Autofocus Mode - Single AF, Full Time AF
- Electronic VR - on or off
- Wind noise reduction - on or off
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.