Nikon Coolpix L620 Preview
First off, Nikon has added a new 18.1-megapixel BSI (BackSide Illuminated) CMOS image sensor, which is mated to the same powerful 14x optical zoom lens we saw on the L610. This lens covers a versatile zoom range of 25-350mm (35mm equivalent), which should help you capture pleasing photos in just about any shooting situation. Nikon also added their Optical Lens-Shift Vibration reduction system, to help keep long telephoto and low-light shots free from blur caused by camera-shake. For those who like close-up photography, the L620 can focus as close as 1cm from the front of the lens when in Marco focus mode.
On top of the 1080p HD video option that was featured on the L610, the L620 adds a new 1080 60i option. The camera offers their Easy Auto Mode, which takes the guesswork out of the photo taking process: you just point and shoot. They've also added some new scene modes, like Night Mode, as well as additional creative effects and filters.
- 18.1-megapixel backside illuminated CMOS sensor (1/2.3")
- 14x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens (25-350mm)
- 3-inch LCD monitor
- Full HD (1080p) video
- Separate Movie Record Button
- Easy Auto Mode automatically chooses from Six Scene Modes:
- Night Portrait
- Night landscape
- HDMI mini connector
- USB/audio video connector
- Runs on two AA-size batteries
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot