Record Screens & Menus
When you half-press the shutter release the autofocus is locked and the exposure is calculated and set. If autofocus was successful the AF brackets will turn green, if it fails they will be red and blink. Once focus and exposure are locked, the camera will display the shutter speed and aperture settings it has chosen along the bottom.
Here you can see the "Auto" mode, which is actually more like the typical Program AE mode found on most digicams. This option also offers fully automatic exposure control, however if also gives access to a few other settings. These include White balance, Macro focus, ISO, Continuous drive, Exposure compensation, and Color mode options. You can access most of these settings via the record menu, or the 4-way controller.
Here you can see the options available from the 4-way controller when you are in Auto (Program) mode. You can adjust the flash mode, Exposure compensation, Macro focus, and self-timer.
Above is a screen from the Sports Continuous scene mode. Here the camera helps you capture the action by shooting in high-speed, burst mode. The image size is dropped to PC (1024x768).
You have three speeds to choose from in Sports Continuous mode: High, Medium, and Low. All of which are still captured at "PC" resolution.
Rec. Shooting Menu (Auto mode):
- Image mode - 14M* (4320x3240 *), 14M (4320x3240) 8M (3264x2448), 5M (2592x1944), 3M (2048x1536), PC (1024x768), VGA (640x480), 16:9 (4224x2376)
- White Balance - Auto, Preset Manual, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Flash
- Continuous - Single, Continuous, BSS, Multi-shot 16
- ISO sensitivity - Auto, Preset: 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400
- Color options - Standard color, Vivid color, Black-and-White, Sepia, Cyanotype
Thanks to the dedicated Movie record button, the L120 can start recording 720p HD video at any time. You have several video options with this model, which include: HD 720p * (highest quality), iFrame (960x540), and VGA (640x480). The frame rate in all mode is approx. 30fps. The L120 also captures stereo audio thanks to the stereo microphones mounted on the top of the camera. During recording you can use optical zoom, and there is also a digital zoom, however we recommend on using it. Movies are saved in QuickTime (.MOV) format. The maximum length of a video clip is 4GB in size or 29 minutes, which ever comes first.
Rec. Movie Menu:
- Movie Options - HD 720p, iFrame, and VGA
- Autofocus Mode - Single AF, Full Time AF
- Electronic VR - on or off
- Wind noise reduction - on or off
- Enhanced resolution - Auto or off
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.