Click on the Coolpix 4600 to take a QuickTime VR tour
The Coolpix 4600 is a compact, lightweight digital still camera with 4-megapixel effective image resolution and a Nikkor 3x zoom lens. It's an easy-to-use, entry-level model with superior image quality that is priced at less than $200.
Superb optical performance is delivered by a 3x optical Zoom-Nikkor lens with a focal range equivalent to 34-102mm in 35mm format). The Coolpix 4600's 4-megapixel imager provides ultrahigh definition and, combined with Nikon's advanced image processing technology, ensure images of remarkable color, contrast and clarity. Nikon's exclusive D-Lighting automatically compensates for insufficient flash or excessive back lighting in order to obtain balanced exposure throughout the frame and Red-Eye Fix technology automatically detects and corrects red eyes in most typical situations without the need to press buttons or select and highlight the eyes in playback.
Easy to use - the Scene Modes allow the camera to adjust to the most typical shooting environments - Sunset, Fireworks, Indoor, Portrait, etc. - with the turn of a dial. The Coolpix 4600 and 5600 also feature an entirely new Scene Mode - Underwater Mode - which produces more satisfying, true-to-life colors when using the optional WP-CP3 waterproof case to shoot scenes while snorkeling or scuba diving to a depth of 130 feet.
The Coolpix 4600 also features a large, bright 1.8-inch LCD screen-- making it easy to compose shots and view recorded images at any time. They have been designed to consume much less power, making it possible to take almost twice as many images when using regular AA alkaline batteries. Creative snap-shooters have the option of five Color Options, enabling the selection of "sepia" tone, "black-and-white" and even "cyanotype", for example, to change the entire look and feel of a shot. The new Coolpix products also have 14MB of internal memory, allowing images to be recorded without additional memory media.
And PictBridge compatibility makes it possible to print directly to a printer, without the need for a PC. For those who enjoy organizing and sharing their photographs on a computer, Coolpix cameras ship with Nikon's PictureProject software, a user-friendly photo management software designed expressly for use by Coolpix photographers, that offers a broad selection of cataloging, editing and sharing functions. This software package is aimed at providing a central location that is simple, intuitive and seamless for Coolpix digital photographers.
Coolpix 4600 Features at a Glance:
- 4-megapixel effective CCD for prints up to 11x17 inches
- Nikkor 3x optical zoom (34-102mm in 35mm equivalent)
- Macro focus with AF down to 1.6 inches
- 1.8-inch TFT color monitor
- Program AE and 16 pre-programmed Scene modes
- Single, Continuous, Multi-Shot 16 and QuickTime Movie modes
- Automatic shutter speeds from 1/3000 sec. to 4 sec's
- Built-in flash with auto, fill, slow sync, and red-eye reduction
- Nikon's D-Lighting and In-Camera Red-Eye Fix
- TTL Auto White Balance, 5 presets and custom set
- Exif 2.2 and PictBridge compatible
- SD memory card slot, no card included, 14.5MB internal memory
- Plug-n-Play USB connectivity
- PictBridge direct-print compliant
- One-Touch upload for easy image transfers
- Powered by two AA type batteries
- Optional WP-CP3 underwater case
The Coolpix 4600 includes PictureProject, NikonView 6, a complete image editing and processing package, two AA Alkaline batteries, hand strap, video cable, and USB cable.