Click on the Coolpix 3700 to take a QuickTime VR tour
The Nikon Coolpix 3700 is a sub-compact digital camera with a precision 3x Optical-Zoom Nikkor lens and 3.2-megapixel resolution that delivers up to 2048 x 1536-pixel images. It incorporates a host of new and exciting Coolpix features designed to make picture-taking fast and simple. The Coolpix 3700 is the first Coolpix camera to use SD memory, the fastest growing and most widely embraced digital medium available today.
The camera comes with 15 Scene Modes, including Portrait, Party/Indoor, Sunset, Museum, Fireworks Show, and now includes the Panorama Assist Mode (previously in the Coolpix 4500), which instantly automates the process of capturing and piecing together beautiful seamless panoramic images. The Coolpix 3700 also boasts Nikon's incredible Macro Mode for crystal clear images and quick, sharp focusing at distances as close as 1.6 inches.
Additional features include eight movie modes, and the Coolpix 3700 is the first Coolpix digital camera to allow for TV-resolution (640 x 480 pixels) movies at 30 frames per second (fps), with sound. Besides capturing stunning images, the Coolpix 3700 can also record up to 5 hours of voice or 20 seconds of audio tagged to each image. These 2 great features allow the camera to act as a dictation device or to note the time and location of a particular shot.
With the Coolpix 3700, Nikon has introduced a new rechargeable, Lithium-ion battery, the EN-EL5 and charger, MH-61, to give up to 200 shots between charges. Additionally, Nikon leads the industry in supporting the new Duracell CP-1 battery, which will allow for up to 250 shots before disposal. Together, the two options, plus a new A/C adapter, give the Coolpix 3700 all the power it needs. The camera will ship with the EN-EL5 Battery and MH-61 Charger.
Inside its 4.6 oz. brushed aluminum body (without battery and memory card), the Coolpix 3700 utilizes Nikon's own advanced image-processing algorithm to ensure accurate color reproduction, sharp contrast and consistent image quality through virtually every shooting condition. The camera also uses high-precision 256-segment Matrix exposure metering and Auto White Balance (AWB) with TTL control.
Coolpix 3700 Features at a Glance:
- 3-megapixel effective CCD for images up to 2048x1536 pixels
- Nikkor 3x optical zoom (35-105mm in 35mm equivalent)
- Macro focus with AF down to 1.6 inches
- 5-area AF with user selectable focus area
- 1.5-inch 134,000 pixel TFT color monitor
- Compact, stylish, lightweight and durable aluminum body
- Program AE and 15 pre-programmed Scene exposure modes
- Single, Continuous H 2.5/L 1.5fps, 16-Shot Multi
- Eight movie modes including 640x480 (VGA) at 30fps with audio
- Automatic shutter speeds from 1/3000 sec. to 4 sec's
- Built-in flash with auto, fill, and red-eye reduction
- 256-segment Matrix exposure metering
- TTL Auto White Balance, 5 presets and custom set
- PictBridge and Epson USB Direct-Print compatible
- Secure Digital card slot, 16MB card included
- Plug-n-Play USB 1.1 connectivity, mass storage compliant
- One-Touch upload for easy image transfers
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery included
The Nikon Coolpix 3700 incorporates NikonView 6 photo management software to easily transfer, browse, edit, save and print photos. NikonView 6 offers Nikon's exclusive One-Touch Red-Eye Fix™ software, expanded emailing capabilities, new color management functionality and an option to create online photo templates using HTML (Hyper Text Mark-up Language). The camera incorporates Nikon's simple, built-in One-Touch Upload™ system to quickly and easily move photos to the desktop or an online album on NikonNet (www.nikonnet.com).
As an added bonus, all Nikon Coolpix cameras include a host of exciting programs from ArcSoft® including PhotoImpression™, a fun manipulation package that allows users to edit, retouch or apply special effect to their photos; VideoImpression™ to edit and share QuickTime™ movies taken with the camera and Panorama Maker™, which lets users easily stitch together a number of images to create beautiful panoramic photos. The camera also comes with PhotoBase™, which actually allows photos and slide shows to be displayed on the screen of a PDA.
The Nikon Coolpix 3700 will be available in select retailers in late Fall 2003 at an MSRP of $399.95.