Click to take a QTVR tour of the G600
The high-performance and compact six-megapixel Konica Minolta DiMAGE G600 features 3x optical zoom lens, sleek metal exterior, autofocusing, autoexposure, auto white-balance, and Rapid Response with a 1.3-second start-up time.
High picture quality is obtained through the camera's GT HEXANON lens that's designed to produce stunningly accurate images. These images are then received by the 1/1.76-inch 6.40-megapixel CCD, which provides high-resolution picture quality unexpected from such a compact camera. The result is beautifully detailed images across the entire zoom range in a slim, pocketable design. Completing the process, high-resolution images are assured with precision processing provided by the newly developed A*IPS - using Konica Minolta's proprietary algorithm, which instantly calculates optimum exposure, focus and white balance.
The DiMAGE G600's newly developed Signal Processing Engine enables a speedy 1.3-second start-up time that has the camera ready to use at a moment's notice. This is further enhanced through speedy image processing that greatly reduces the interval between pictures. In addition, pictures can be magnified up to 14.7 times on the camera's LCD panel by using the high-speed scroll feature. By magnifying a portion of a picture after shooting, photographers can conveniently and quickly double check focus or subtle expressions while the subject is still present.
The new DiMAGE G600 is PictBridge* compatible for printing pictures without having to use a computer. The camera's dual card slots (Memory Sticks and SD Memory Cards) facilitate transferring of both still and moving images to other media, and Memory Sticks can be plugged directly into Sony computers. Advanced users can fine-tune colors and create special effects with the camera's many functions, allowing photographers to fully express their artistic vision. The camera's macro mode allows photographing objects just 2.4 inches away (on the widest angle setting).
As a third addition to the Konica Minolta DiMAGE G series of digital cameras, the DiMAGE G600's exterior design and placement of controls has been redesigned. Stainless steel and aluminum design elements combine to create a modern, yet timeless design, with ergonomically placed controls that users will feel right at home with - all efficiently packaged in a pocketable 3.7 (W) x 2.2 (H) x 1.16 (D) inches.
The DiMAGE G600 is not restricted to only taking still photographs. 320 x 240 XR (Extended Recording) movies with audio can also be made. Likewise, audio can be recorded by itself or attached to a recorded still image.
DiMAGE G600 Features
- 6 Megapixel CCD for images up to 2816 x 2112 pixels.
- 3x (39-117mm) optical zoom lens, 2x, 3x digital zoom
- 1.5-inch TFT color LCD, approx. 120,000 pixels
- Very fast 1.3-second startup time
- Motion video w/audio 320x240 maximum of 30 seconds
- Attach 30-sec audio memos to still images
- White balance options: Auto, daylight, cloudy, tungsten, fluorescent
- Programmed AE, Manual exposure, AE lock available
- Automatic noise reduction for shutter speeds longer than 1/2 sec.
- +/-1.5EV Exposure Compensation
- Continuous shooting
- TTL Evaluative and Spot Metering
- Flash with Auto, Red-eye reduction, Fill, Forced off and Night Portrait
- 14.7x enlarged playback function with scrolling
- Secure Digital and/or Memory Stick flash media
- USB 1.1 connectivity
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery with external charger
- Small, lightweight and durable stainless steel case
The DiMAGE G600 is available now and includes rechargeable NP-600 Li-ion battery and BC-600 charger, 16MB SD card, wrist strap, USB cable, DiMAGE Viewer CD, Instruction Manual CD, warranty and registration cards.