Click to take a QTVR tour of the KD400Z
The Digital Revio KD-400Z is the world's smallest camera (as of Feb 2002) in the 4.13 megapixel, 3X zoom class. Other features include a stainless steel alloy exterior that provides a high-class appearance, ultra slim body that enhances mobility and a sliding lens cover that protects the lens while preserving mobility and enhancing visual appearance.
The high-performance, 3X optical Hexanon zoom lens (equivalent to 39-117mm on 35mm film camera) means no compromises in design slimness. The ultrahigh 4.13 megapixel resolution ensures that picture quality is maintained when enlarging and trimming images. Operation recording modes include: single, macro, self-timer, landscape, 2X digital zoom, sepia, movie, voice memo and resize. The resize mode is an important feature because it lets the user downsize an image so that it can be easily transmitted.
The camera also features an imaging processing system with automatic exposure, focus and white balance. This Konica original computing program processes CCD data at a high speed based on original algorithms, thus assuring ideal image capturing conditions and faithful reproduction of the subject being captured. The Digital Revio is also fitted with a new signal processing engine that specializes in high-speed data processing that ensures against missed photo opportunities.
In addition to recording images, the camera is able to record and playback short AVI video "movies" with sound, as well as voice memos. The camera boasts a full array of functions that can be tailored to specific users, from first-time photographers to professionals. The Digital Revio KD-400Z and the 3.1-megapixel KD-310Z are the first digital cameras to feature both SD/MMC Memory Card and Memory Stick card slots. Other highlights of the camera include: LCD monitor, flash, USB interface, rechargeable lithium-ion battery with recharging unit, AC adaptor and stylish blue LED indicators.
Konica KD400Z Features
- 4 Megapixel CCD for images up to 2304 x 1704 pixels.
- 3x (39-117mm) optical zoom lens, 2x digital zoom
- 1.5-inch TFT color LCD, approx. 120,000 pixels
- AVI Motion video w/audio 320x240, max. 15 secs
- Attach 15-sec audio memos to still images
- White balance options: Auto, daylight, cloudy, tungsten, fluorescent
- Shutter speeds from 1 seconds to 1/2000 second
- TTL Evaluative and Spot Metering
- Built in flash with Auto, Red-eye reduction, Fill, Forced off and Night Portrait
- 12x enlarged playback function with scrolling
- Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard or Memory Stick flash media
- USB 1.1 connectivity
- Exif 2.2 compatible
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with charger
- Small, lightweight and durable stainless steel case
The KD-400Z package includes Adobe Photoshop Elements. This software offers unique features designed specifically for amateur photographers, hobbyists and business users who want to create professional-quality images for print and the Web. Photoshop Elements 1.0 is designed for Microsoft Windows XP, 98, 2000 and NT and MAC OS 8.6, 9.0, 9.0.4 or 9.1. Other software includes PC PictureShow for image viewing and editing.
The ultra-compact KD400Z and a standard CD for size comparison.