Record Screens & Menus
You can choose the video resolution under the Settings menu. The available options include Full 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 60fps, 720p @ 30fps, and WVGA.
The Zx5 can also record 5-megapixel still images. Pressing the Video/Still mode switch on the back will get you to Still record mode.
Although the Zx5 has a fixed lens (No Zoom), it does offer digital zoom in both still and video modes. Just be sure you use this option sparingly, as the more you zoom, the more it will impact image/video quality.
There are various effects that can be added to both stills and video.
Available options include:
- High Saturation
- '70s Film
- Black & White
- Effects - Add effects to capture creative stills and video
- Underwater Correction - On or off
- Video Resolution - Choose the video size
- Focus - Auto or Macro
- Microphone Gain - Adjust the sensitivity of the mic
- Sounds and LED - On or Off
- LCD Brightness & Glare Shield - Auto or Low, Medium, High
- Date and Time - Set the internal clock and calendar
- Share Settings - Choose which social sites can be used for tagging and auto-upload when connected to a PC/Mac
- Video Output - NTSC or PAL
- Language - Choose interface language
- Reset Settings - Restores all settings to factory defaults
- Format Memory Card - Formats the memory card
- About - View Firmware and Software versions
Here you can see the Microphone Gain adjustment screen, which is a very handy tool.
Under the Share Settings menu option, you can choose which social media site will show up when you press the Share button to tag files. You can choose from the Kodak Gallery, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, YouTube, an Email address, etc.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.