Playback Screens & Menus
Like most digicams, the Ze2 offers an index function to help you quickly search through your stored videos and still images. Pressing the Play button while in playback mode brings it up. Once you land on the file you want to view full screen, press the shutter button in the middle of the 4-way to pull it up.
When reviewing a still image, you do have the option to zoom in up to 8x to inspect the file. This is accomplished by pressing up on the 4-way controller; down will then zoom out.
When you come to a movie file in playback mode, you will see a large play button onscreen. Pressing the shutter/record in the center of the 4-way controller will start movie playback.
While you are watching your movies, you can pause it by pressing the shutter/record button again. This gives you access to scrolling through the movies frame-by-frame, fast-forward, and rewind using the left and right directions of the 4-way. Up and down on the 4-way adjusts the camera's speaker volume.
Movie Playback Menu:
- Trim Video - Allows you to do simple editing directly on the camera
- Make Picture - Captures an image from a frame in a movie
- Video Resolution - 720p (30fps), WVGA (iPad compatible, 30fps)
- Share Settings - Select the sites you would like in the Share menu
- Effects - Normal, High Saturation, '70s Film, Black & White, Sepia
- Microphone Gain - Increase or Decrease the sensitivity of the Mic
- Glare Shield - Enable Glare Shield for bright environments
- LCD Brightness - Auto, High, Medium, Low
- Camera Sounds - On or Off
- Safe Mode - On or Off
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Video Output - NTSC, PAL
- Language - Select your menu language
- Reset Settings - Reset the camera to the factory defaults
- Format Memory Card - Delete everything on the memory card
- About - Displays the Firmware and Software versions
- Underwater Correction - On or Off
Sharing is what the Ze2 is all about, and it's as easy as hitting the "Share" button and selecting which sites you would like to upload to from the list. This list can be edited by using the Share Settings menu option; which allows you to take our unwanted or unused sites from the list. You can also enter email address of your family and friends to the list. The default options are:
- Kodak Gallery
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.