Click to take a QuickTime tour of the DC-T50
The compact and stylish Gateway DC-T50 boasts high level features such as a 5.25 megapixel CCD image sensor, a 3X optical zoom lens with a fast F2.8 aperture, state-of-the-art noise reduction technology, user-selectable shutter speeds (8 seconds to 1/1500 second), plus a full suite of manual controls, all working together to provide excellent photographic results in a variety of lighting conditions.
The five-megapixel resolution (2560x1920), ultra-fine images can be printed in photo sizes up to 11.25 inches x 16.5 inches suitable for framing. The all-glass 3X zoom lens is equivalent to a 35-105mm lens on a 35mm camera, has macro capability as close as 6- inches, and a wide F2.8 aperture for improved light gathering. The automatic shutter speed range is from 1/1500 sec. to 8 seconds. The camera's flash, which is effective to a distance of 10 feet, provides four modes: automatic, red-eye reduction, fill in flash, and off.
The DC-T50's manual controls allow users to adjust the exposure compensation, manual exposure, light metering (center, spot), ISO sensitivity (100/200/400), and continuous shooting. Exposure modes are auto, program, full manual, shutter-priority, aperture-priority and scene select, while white balance modes are automatic, daylight, cloudy, incandescent light and two for fluorescent light.
The camera captures 320 x 240 video clips with audio at 15 fps just as easily as it shoots still images. It's equipped with a bright 1.5-inch polysilicon color LCD monitor (279 x 229) and an optical viewfinder. USB connectivity allows for easy and fast transfer from camera to compatible computers (Windows 98/2000/ME/XP, Mac OS 9.2 or later, Mac OS 10.1 or later). Video output is also provided (NTSC/PAL).
- Compact, lightweight and stylish stainless-steel body (3.7" x 2.5" x 1.8", 6.3 ounces)
- 5-megapixel CCD imager: 2560x1920, 2048x1536, 1280x960 or 640x480
- Three JPEG quality levels (fine, normal, basic)
- 3X (35-105mm) optical zoom lens
- 1.5" color LCD, polysilicon TFT monitor
- Builtin 5-mode flash (auto, red-eye, forced, and off)
- AVI movie 320x240, 15fps, max 30/45/60 secs of recording
- Automatic exposure, Shutter speed and Aperture priority and Manual
- AE Bracketing and Interval recording
- Mechanical shutter 8 to 1/1500 sec
- ISO sensitivity of 100, 200 or 400
- Picture adjustments: color, sharpness and contrast
- White balance: Auto, Outdoor, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent and Manual
- Video output user-selectable NTSC or PAL
- Secure Digital (SD) storage, 32MB included, compatible up to 512MB
- Epson PRINT Image Matching (PIM) compatible
- USB 1.1 port for Windows and Macintosh
- Powered by rechargeable Li-ion battery
The DC-T50 is shipping now and comes with a 32MB SD memory card, Li-ion battery and charger, USB cable, video cable, a hand strap, and a CD-ROM containing Photo editing software, USB driver and an in-depth instruction manual.
Gateway DC-T50 and standard CD disc for size comparison.