Fujifilm has announced the premium, pocket-sized XQ1 digital camera. Its 12-megapixel 2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II image sensor has been designed to "control moiré and false color generation by using an original color filter array with a highly randomized pixel arrangement." This means the camera doesn't need a resolution-reducing Optical Low Pass Filter. And thanks to the EXR Processor II, the XQ1 boasts the fastest AF (Auto Focus) speed -- as little as 0.06 seconds -- in its category. The compact camera also starts up in 1.0 seconds, has a shutter lag time of 0.015 seconds, and a shooting interval time of 0.3 seconds. This is one peppy digicam.
The XQ1 uses a Lens Modulation Optimizer and Optical Image Stabilization with the F/1.8 4x optical Fujinon Zoom Lens to capture sharp and stunning pictures even in low lighting conditions. This applies to recording Full HD video as well, which shoots at 60 frames-per-second, with Auto Focus tracking engaged, to make sure moving subjects never go out of focus.
Like most 2013 model cameras, the XQ1 includes a Wi-Fi button, which allows users to transfer still images directly to PCs or, via the Fujifilm Camera App, to iOS and Android devices like smartphones and tablets. From there, it's easy to share your latest shots with friends and family via email and social media. Instagram fans are also going to get a real kick out of customizing pictures with numerous Advanced Filters and Film Simulation Modes (listed below).
Fujifilm XQ1 Features
- 12-megapixel 2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II Image Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Start-up time of 1.0 second
- Shutter lag time of 0.015 seconds
- Shooting interval time of 0.3 seconds
- AF speed 0.06 seconds
- 4x optical Fujinon zoom lens
- equivalent to 25-100mm in 35mm format
- 4x Intelligent Digital Zoom
- 16X combined with optical zoom
- Lens Modulation Optimizer
- 3.0-inch (920K dot) LCD Display
- Built-in Super Intelligent pop-up Flash
- ISO100 - 12800
- Full HD 1080/60p Video Recording with AF Tracking
- In-camera RAW converter
- Film Simulation Modes
- Advanced Filters
- Toy Camera
- Dynamic Tone
- Pop Color
- Soft Focus
- High Key
- Low Key
- Partial Color Selection of Bracketing functions
- AE/ISO/Dynamic Range & Film Simulation
- Dimensions: 3.93" (w) x 2.3" (h) x 1.3" (d)
The Fujifilm XQ1 will be available in October 2013 for $499.95 in both all-black and all-silver.
Additional Product Views