Fujifilm X-T20 Preview
What we consider their "middle of the road" line of ILC cameras, the X-T series offers users loads of high-quality features to help you capture beautiful still photos, along with a plethora of exposure options and control - including a new ACROS Film simulation mode, which "offers smooth gradation, deep blacks and beautiful textures to create stunning monochrome images."
Some of the spotlight upgrades over its predecessor include a new 24.3-megapixel, APS-C sized X-Trans CMOS image sensor, which is mated to their newer X-Processor Pro chip set. While these two alone are sure to afford you with better looking images with more detail than precious models, Fuji took it one step further with an all new 91-point AF system that uses a completely new AF algorithm, which they claim allows the X-T20 to focus "more accurately on points of light, low-contrast objects and subjects with fine details such as bird feathers and animal fur. "
Of course, what would a camera in 2017 be without 4K video recording. The X-T20 has been updated with the ability to capture UHD (3840 x 2160) 4K video at 29.97p, 25p, 24p, or 23.98p - with a max bit rate of 100Mbps.
For those who love to instantly share their photos with their friends and loved ones via social media, the X-T20 comes equipped with built-in Wi-Fi to connect to your smart device via their free Fujifilm Camera Remote App. This app also allows you to control the camera remotely.
Lastly, the X-T20 offers tough sealing to help it resist both moisture and dust, making it a great companion for those on the go.
FUJIFILM X-T20 Key Features:
- 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III sensor
- X-Processor Pro
- 3.0 inch 1.04M-dot tilting TFT color LCD touchscreen monitor
- 0.39 inch 2,360K-dot OLED color viewfinder
- Live View Display to preview pictures where you can
- New ACROS Film Simulation mode
- AF-C Custom Settings with five AF-C presets
- 4K video can be recorded at [3840 x 2160] 29.97p, 25p, 24p, 23.98P, 100Mbps
- Continuous recording: up to approximately 10min
- Full HD video can be recorded at 59.94 fps, 50 fps, 29.97 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps and 23.98 fps, and with Film Simulation effects
- Video can be outputted to external monitor via the HDMI port and input audio from an external microphone
- Easily connect to external HDMI monitor and turn on HDMI Rec Control to automatically enable a clean HDMI output when the camera's shutter release button is pressed
- Touch AF to change the focus area and refocusing according to subject movement functions in video recording
- Integrated pop-up flash with Super Intelligent Flash to automatically adjust light output
- Unique Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) image processing technology to deliver the best possible image quality
- LMO corrects optical defects such as diffraction to achieve edge-to-edge sharpness and a realistic three-dimensional effect
- Nine Film Simulation modes (including ACROS) and Advanced Filter functions for eight different artistic effects
- Multiple Exposure function combines two separate subjects into one photo
- Interval timer shooting for time lapse photography
- intervals of one second to 24 hours, and up to infinity frames
- Completely silent electronic shutter capable of exposures up to 1/32000 seconds.
- Digital Split Image for precise manual focusing and Focus Peaking to highlight high-contrast areas of the subject
- Eye Detection AF function for automatically detecting and focusing on human eyes
- Auto Macro function automatically activates the Macro mode while maintaining AF speed, eliminating any need to press the Macro button to capture a close-up
- Built-in Wi-Fi for shooting from your smartphone or tablet devices
- Free FUJIFILM Camera Remote app for Remote Control function
- Photos can be sent directly from the camera to the Instax SHARE Smartphone Printer for instant Instax prints
- Wi-Fi® Transfer is supported, enabling wireless backup of the data to a computer
- Weather and dust resistant; operates as low as 32 degrees Fahrenheit \ 0 degrees Celsius
Pricing & Availability
The X-T20 will be available in black or silver, and start shipping in February (2017) for US $899.95 as a body only kit. Or, you can pick up the X-T20 XF18-55mm Lens Kit for $1,199.95, or the X-T20 XC16-50mm Lens Kit for $1,299,95.
Additional Product Photos
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.