I don't know about you, but after saving up my hard-earned coin for a new DSLR or ILC, I'm a little afraid to use the thing outside. Especially if it's really cold or the weather conditions aren't perfect. I mean, what's the use of buying nice things only to ruin them, right?
Fujifilm has announced a brand new ILC that might be the perfect fit for imperfect weather conditions. Sure, the X-T1 boasts a 16.3-megapixel APS-C sized CMOS II images sensor and works with a ton of X-series lenses, but it also has 75 points of weather sealing to make the camera dust and water resistant, and also freezeproof down to -14°F. Not to mention that its 3.0-inch tilting LCD screen (with 1.04million dots) is made of tempered glass. Pretty cool, right?
The other big bonus is the included EXR Processor II which, when combined the X-Trans CMOS II image sensor, boasts the world's fastest AutoFocus (AF) time of just 0.08 seconds. The X-T1 also starts up in 0.5 seconds, has a shutter time lag of only 0.05 seconds, and a shooting interval of a half second. Speaking of speed, the X-T1 can shoot up to 8 frames per second (fps) with phase detection AF engaged, and just so happens to be the first ever camera to be compatible with the SDXC UHS-II format memory cards, which can write data twice as fast as a conventional SD memory card.
The X-T1 also has a 2.36-million dot OLED EVF (Electronic Viewfinder) that has not one, but four different display modes. These include FULL (which uses the camera's 0.77x magnification ratio to show the whole scene), NORMAL (which display an optimum scene view as well as shooting settings), DUAL (which splits the view for manual focusing that's checked by Digital Split Image or Focus Peak Highlight technology), and PORTRAIT (which automatically rotates displayed information if the camera is held vertically in Normal or Full modes).
Finally, the X-T1 boasts one-touch Wi-Fi connectivity, which allows you to connect the ILC to a smartphone or tablet running the free FujiFilm Camera Remote app. As the name implies, you can control the X-T1 directly from your smart device, or transfer and share images to the web.
Fujifilm X-T1 Features
- 16.3 MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- Dust and water-resistant body
- Freeze resistance to -14°F
- EXR Processor II
- World's fastest AF of 0.08 seconds
- Startup time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
- Phase detection AF and motion predictive AF
- Continuous shooting up to 8 fps
- 2.36 million dot OLED EVF (Electronic Viewfinder)
- lag-time of 0.005sec (less than 1/10 of existing models)
- 4 different display modes
- 3.0-inch tilting LCD (1.04 million dots)
- Digital Split Image and Focus Highlight Peaking
- ISO 200 - 6400
- One-touch Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Fujifilm Camera Remote app
- In-camera RAW converter
- 2 Command Dials
- 6 Customizable Function Buttons
- Interval timer shooting for Time Lapse photography
- intervals of 1 second to 24 hours and up to 999 frames
- World's first compatibility with Ultra High Speed UHS-II SD memory cards
The Fujifilm X-T1 will be available in February (2014) in two forms. The body only version will have a $1,299.95 MSRP. And the kit version, which includes the, XF18mm-55mm (27-84mm) F2.8-4 lens, will have a $1,699.95 MSRP.
Additional Product Views