Fujifilm has announced its latest rugged XP Series point-and-shoot camera, the FinePix XP130.
In terms of the basics, we've got a 16MP image sensor with a 5x optical zoom lens (28mm to 140mm equivalent) with Full HD Video Recording up to 60fps in a body that's been ergonomically designed for those wearing gloves, because you can take this camera down to depths of 65 feet. Around back, there's a 3.0" LCD display with an anti-reflective coating to help you see under the sea.
In those terms, it's a fairly standard rugged camera, but the fun stuff here is all in the features. Bluetooth and Wireless LAN will allow you to remotely control the camera via a free app and/or wirelessly print to compatible Fujifilm printers. There are also 11 Art Filters for still photographs (7 for video) as well as Time-Lapse modes and a built-in Interval Timer (something the Sony A7R3 doesn't even have!) plus other fun modes like Cinemagraph and Motion Panorama 360°.
All in all, the FinePix XP series is affordable and great for traveling families (especially with kids) who need a camera they don't have to worry about complicated gear. 4K video would be nice, but it's unnecessary for most folks who will look at this camera.
- Waterproof up to 65 feet/20 meters
- Shockproof to 5.7 feet/1.75 meters
- Freezeproof to 14°F/ -10°C
- 16.4MP back-illuminated CMOS sensor and
- 5x FUJINON 5x optical zoom lens
- 28mm wide-angle setting
- Intelligent Digital Zoom
- 3.0" LCD monitor with anti-reflective coating
- Full 1080/60p HD video
- Dedicated movie recording button
- Wind Filter
- Scene Recognition Mode
- Underwater and underwater macro functions
- Electronic Level
- Eye Detection
- Interval Timer Shooting
- Burst Mode (up to 10 fps)
- Advanced Burst Mode (up to 60 fps)
- TimeLapse Video (10fps, 30fps or 60 fps)
- Cinemagraph Mode
- Motion Panorama 360°
- Advanced Filters (11 for stills, 7 for video recording)
- Wireless Connectivity
- Bluetooth® Pairing
- Wireless LAN connectivity
- Smartphone Transfer
- FUJIFILM Camera Remote app (for remote control of the camera)
- Instax SHARE SP-2 or SP-3 compatible
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
The Fujifilm FinePix XP130 will be released in March (2018) with a $229.95 MSRP.
While the Sky Blue option is featured at the top, here are the other four color options, including Dark Silver, Lime Green, White, and Yellow: