Playback Screens & Menus
Pressing the Play button on the back of the X10 will display the last image or video file captured. The amount of information is controlled by pressing the DISP/Back button. Pressing it allows you to choose between four different settings; minimal Information On (default), Information Off, Favorites, and Detail Information.
Rotating the main (upper) control wheel on the back will cycle through the above screens. This allows you to show some of the EXIF information that's associated with your still image files. Pressing this wheel inward will skip to a full magnified view (zoomed all the way in) for quick, critical inspection of files for sharpness, etc.
To enter Index mode you press the AF button on the back of the camera. Here you can cycle through several different thumbnail modes by continuing to press the AF button, which help you navigate files stored on your memory card much faster. The maximum setting shows up to 100 tiny thumbnails. While it's a nice feature, it's very hard to see those tiny thumbnails, so I recommend you stick with the first three options. Once you find the file you want to view full screen, you use the 4-way to navigate to it, then press either the AE (zoom in) button, or the Menu/Ok button in the center of the 4-way.
Pressing the AE button while viewing a still image full screen will enter the Magnify view mode. Here you can zoom in at various levels, which allows you to examine photos more closely on the LCD. At the top you will see an zoom scale indicator, and on the bottom right is a map key to show you what portion of the image is being viewed.
Playback menu options:
- PhotoBook Assist - Create a photo book from your favorite images
- Image Search - Quickly search for photos or videos saved on the memory card
- Erase - Delete files
- Mark for Upload To - Choose photos for upload to Facebook or YouTube
- Slide Show - Start a slideshow of files stored on the memory card
- RAW Conversion - Convert RAW files to JPEG
- Red Eye Removal - Remove Red Eye from files saved on the memory card
- Protect - Protect images from accidental deletion
- Crop - Crop an area of a photo and save as a new file
- Resize - Reduce the size of a photo
- Image Rotate - Rotate images by 90 degrees at a time
- Copy - Copy files between memory types (From Internal to SD or From SD to Internal)
- Voice Memo - Record a short voice memo (up to 30 seconds) to accompany a specific shot
- Erase Face Recognition - Remove Face Recognition links form an image
- Print Order (DPOF) - Choose the DPOF settings for direct printing to a printer
- Display Aspect - Choose the aspect used for video output via the HDMI cable; 4:3 or 16:9
For those who want to quickly convert a RAW file, the X10 has a built-in RAW conversion option via the playback menu. It actually offers quite a few options, including Push/Pull Processing, Dynamic Range, White Balance, Shift, Sharpness, etc. The edited file is then saved as a JPEG.
The Setup menu is quite extensive. It holds not only the typical settings you find in a setup menu, but also various custom functions.
- Date/Time - Set the time and date
- Time Difference - Choose and switch between your Home and Destination time zones
- Language - Choose the menu language
- Silent Mode - On or Off; turns off all sound, and the Flash and AF-assist lamp
- Reset - Rest all camera settings to factory defaults
- Format - Format the Memory card or Internal memory
- Image Display - Image review mode; Off, 1.5 seconds, 3 seconds, or Zoom (Continuous)
- Frame Number - Continuous or Renew
- Operations Volume - Choose the volume of operation sounds
- Shutter Volume - Choose the volume of shutter sound
- Shutter Sound - Choose the sound of the shutter
- Playback Volume - Choose the playback volume
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD
- Auto Power Off - 2 minutes or Off
- Quick Start Mode - On or Off
- Fn Button - Choose the operation of the Fn button
- IS Mode - Dual IS mode; Continuous + Motion, Continuous, Shooting + Motion, Shooting Only, Off
- Red Eye Removal - On or Off
- AF Illuminator - On or Off
- AE/AF-Lock Mode - Choose the operation of the AFL/AEL option
- AE/AF-Lock Button - Choose the operation of the AFL/AEL button
- RAW - Record RAW images; On or Off
- Focus Check - On or Off
- Focus Control Dial - Choose the direction of the Focus Control Dial
- Focus Scale Units - Choose the units for the focus distance indicator (Meters or Feet)
- Framing Guideline - Choose the type of framing Gird to be used
- Color Space - sRGB or Adobe RGB
- Save Original Image - On or Off; used to save original files from 360 Panorama, Red Eye Removal, Pro Low-light or Pro Focus modes
- Auto Rotate Playback - On or off
- Background Color - Choose the background color for the menus
- Guidance Display - Turn tips On or Off
- Video System - NTSC (USA) or PAL (EU)
- Custom Reset - Reset the settings of the C1 and C2 positions
- Power Management - Choose the power management options
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
HDMI for Audio/Video Device, Camera, TV, Cellular Phone - 6 ft - 1 x HDMI (Type A) Male Digital Audio/Video - 1 x HDMI (Micro Type D) Male Digital Audio/Video ...
rechargeable lithium ion battery for use with Fujifilm FinePix F-series digital cameras,rated at 3.7V/1000 mAh
Top-loading - Nylon - Black - ACPRO1000 Digital SLR camera case Black exterior & yellow interior, tripod straps, 15 pockets and compartments.
Fujifilm FinePix JX680 16 Megapixel Compact Camera - Red - 3" LCD - 5x Optical Zoom - 4608 x 3440 Image - 1280 x 720 Video - PictBridge - HD Movie Mode