Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Preview
At CES 2013, Fujifilm announced a new "bridge camera", designed for those who need more than a simple point-and-shoot, but maybe aren't quite ready to purchase a full dSLR. Fuji mates a 16MP BSI-CMOS image sensor to a F2.9-5.6, 50x optical zoom lens with a 35mm equivalency of 24-1200mm. To keep that extreme zoom steady, Optical Image Stabilization is included. Other nice features include a 3.0" tilting LCD screen an 1080/60i HD video recording with in-camera clip trimming and movie editing capabilities.
For those who like to stylize photos, Fuji will include filters like Pop Color (which pushes contrast and saturates color), Toy Camera (which shades an image's borders), Miniature (an in-camera tilt-shit photography look), Partial Color (which turns all but one selected color to black&white), High Key (enhances brightness and reduces contrast), Cross screen (blasts starbursts around bright objects), and Soft Focus (like old school Hollywood movies).
Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Features
- 16 megapixel 1/2.3-inch BSI-CMOS image sensor
- 50x optical zoom (24-1200mm)
- 3.0-inch tilting LCD (920k dot) screen
- 10 frames per second Continuous Shooting
- 0.2 second Auto Focus
- 0.9 second Startup Time
- 1080/60i HD Video Recording
- Movie Editing Features, including:
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Artistic Shooting Effects, including:
- Pop Color
- Toy Camera
- Partial Color
- High Key
- Cross screen
- Soft Focus
- Manual exposure control (P/S/A/M modes)
- RAW shooting (RAW, JPEG, RAW+JPEG)
- Hotshoe attachment for the use of external flash
- Function (Fn) button which can be assigned to frequently used features
- Dual Zoom Control
- Lithium Ion battery with 350 shots per charge
Fujifilm's FinePix SL1000 will be available March 2013 with a $399.95 MSRP.
Additional Product Views
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.