While shooting with the S4500, you will have several different screen selections to choose from, all showing different settings or sets of information. Above you can see all of the different display settings that are available.
SR Auto is an automatic shooting mode that allows the camera to automatically select a scene mode for you current situation, that is if the camera determines that one is necessary. In many situations, this will give you a better looking image than the standard Auto shooting mode.
To go along with the camera's shooting modes, it also provides with total control from the Manual shooting mode as well as Aperture and Shutter Priority modes. These modes put all of the exposure settings under your control for total creative freedom.
The SP spot on the mode dial takes you to the Scene modes: Portrait, Baby Mode, Smile & Shoot, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Party, Flower, Text, Zoom Bracketing, Natural Light & Flash, Natural Light.
Panorama mode allows you to easily line up 3 images in a row for an incredibly vast landscape image. The camera will capture the 3 images and stitch them together for you.
Pressing the 4-way controller in shooting mode takes you to several shortcuts for commonly used settings. Up works the instant zoom, right handles the flash settings, down is the self-timer and left enters macro mode.
On top of the camera you will find the F-mode button. Pressing this brings up a menu with the ISO, Image Size and Film Simulation modes. These are other commonly used settings that did not make it to the 4-way controller.
Shooting menu options (Program):
- ISO - Auto (800), Auto (400), 64, 100, 200, 400, 800,1600, 3200 (S),6400 (S)
- Image Size - Choose the Size (L/M/S) and Aspect (4:3/3:2/16:9) of image files
- Image Quality - Fine or Normal
- FinePix Color - Standard, Chrome, B&W
- White Balance - Auto, Custom, Fine, Shade, Fluorescent 1-3, Incandescent
- Sharpness - Adjust Sharpness
- Photometry - Multi, Spot, Average
- AF Mode - Multi, Area, or Tracking
- Face Recognition - Add faces to the Recognition database for priority when recognized in the frame
- Mode - Choose how panorama images are framed
- AE BKT EV Steps - ±1/3, 2/3, 1
- Flash - Adjust the output of the built-in flash unit: +/- 2/3 EV
- Custom Set - Saved settings for P/S/A/M and EXR modes (EXR Auto is exempt).
As one of the few camera's on the market to not have a dedicated video recording button, you will have to change the camera's shooting mode to capture your movies.
The camera's video shooting menu only gives you the options for the video size and you get to choose between single or continuous AF.