Record Screens & Menus
Next we have the normal Auto mode. This is a simple point-n-shoot exposure program that will allow you to concentrate on your subject more than the camera itself. Here, the camera will choose all of the necessary settings for Aperture, Shutter speed, White balance, ISO, Metering, etc.
Program mode is much like Auto, where the camera still selects the aperture and shutter speed for you, however now you have access to more advanced exposure controls, such as metering, focus mode, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation, etc. You can also use Program Shift, which allows you to alter the shutter speed and aperture values that will be used for the shot.
Shutter priority mode lets you select the desired shutter speed, and the camera will choose the appropriate aperture setting. Select a fast shutter speed to freeze action, or a slow shutter speed to show movement (flowing water, etc.). This camera also offers an Aperture priority mode (not shown), which is just the opposite of the above.
In Manual mode, you choose all of the exposure settings. At the bottom right the camera will display an exposure scale, which will help you dial in the exposure.
When you rotate the Mode dial, the camera will display this guide for each setting, which gives you a brief description of each mode's intended purpose.
F-Mode Menu options:
- ISO - Auto (800 max.), Auto (400 max.), 6400, 3200, 1600, 800, 400, 200, 100, 64
- Image Size - Large, Medium or Small at either 4:3, 3:2, or 16:9 aspect ratios
- Image Quality - Fine or Normal
- FinePix COLOR - Standard, Chrome, B&W
Rec Menu Options (P/A/S/M):
- Self-Timer - Off, 10 or 2 seconds
- Photometry (Metering) - Multi, Spot, Average
- White Balance - Auto, Custom, Fine, Shade, Fluorescent Light 1/2/3, Tungsten
- High-Speed Shooting - Off or On
- Focusing - Single or Continuous
- AF Mode - Center, Multi, Area
- Sharpness - Standard, Hard, Soft
- Flash Compensation - ± 2/3EV in 1/3 EV steps
- Bracketing - ± 1/3, 2/3, or 1 EV
- Custom Set - Use current settings for C position on the Mode Dial
- Set-Up - Enter the Setup menu
Here you can see the Video option. The S2550HD allows you to capture video at 720p HD (1280x720), VGA (640x480), or QVGA (320x240) resolutions, with a fixed frame rate of 30fps. While recording, you have full use of the 18x optical zoom lens. Videos are saved in Motion JPEG (.AVI) format.
Setup Menu Options (All modes):
- Image Display - Off, Zoom, 1.5 sec., 3 sec., Continuous
- Frame NO. - Continuous or Renew
- Dual IS Mode - Continuous, Shooting Only of Off
- AF Illuminator - Off or On
- Digital Zoom - Off or On
- Date/Time - Set the camera's internal clock and calendar
- Operation Volume - Off, Low, Medium, High
- Shutter Volume - Off, Low, Medium, High
- Playback Volume - Set from 0 to 10
- LCD Brightness - ± 5 steps
- Format - Format the memory
- Language - Choose the menu language
- Auto Power Off - 2 min., 5min. or Off
- Time Difference - Set your Home time and Local time when traveling
- Background Color - Choose the menu background color scheme
- Battery Type - Select the battery type being used; Alkaline, NiMH, Lithium
- Discharge - Discharge the batteries (not for use with NiMH cells)
- Video System - NTSC or PAL
- Reset - Reset all camera menu options and camera settings to factory defaults
- Custom Reset - Reset settings for the C (Custom) position on the Mode Dial
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Buy related cameras and accessories from Amazon.com|
|Related Product Description||Price|
|Olympus TG-820 12MP Shock/Water/Freeze-Proof Camera-Red (Old Model)||$299.99|
|iON Camera Air Pro 3 Wi-Fi||$299.99|
|Canon PowerShot N 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 8x Optical Zoom and 28mm Wide-Angle Lens (White)||$299.00|
|HEAVY DUTY SHELF 20" BLACK 27 LBS.-by ICC||$201.34|
|Brinno TLC200 Time Lapse and Stop Motion HD Video Camera - Green (BCC50 2016 Bundle)||$199.00|