Click on the FinePix S1000fd to take a QuickTime VR tour
FujiFilm has introduced the successor to the popular FinePix S700 with the introduction of the world's smallest digital camera with a 12x optical zoom (as of 8/2008), the FinePix S1000fd.
Perfect for photographers who want an affordable, step-up digital camera, the 10-megapixel S1000fd builds on the legacy of the S700 with the addition of a Fujinon 12x optical zoom (33mm-396mm equivalent) for greater range and flexibility, Fujifilm's proprietary Face Detection Technology with Automatic Red Eye Removal, and a brand new Panoramic Shooting mode.
Face Detection operates by identifying and prioritizing up to 6 faces in a framed scene, and then adjusting the focus and exposure accordingly to ensure the sharpness and clarity of human subjects in the picture, regardless of background. After a shot is captured each detected face is instantly checked for red eye; if it is found, it is corrected automatically, saving the time-consuming process of fixing it later.
For catching beautiful scenery or very large groups, the new Panorama Shooting mode makes it easy to create impressive panoramic photos. This mode captures and combines a maximum of three consecutive shots at
3-megapixel resolution each, which are then saved to the memory card as a panoramic picture.
Fujifilm's FinePix S1000fd also offers the following useful features:
- Picture Stabilization mode: A selectable mode, Picture Stabilization uses the heightened sensitivity of the FinePix S1000fd and high-speed shutter settings to reduce blur caused by hand-shake or subject movement. It allows the camera to automatically choose the correct light sensitivity and optimal shutter speed to produce clear, blur-free images.
- Full Manual Photographic Control: Photo enthusiasts and advanced photographers have total control with manual adjustment options for various camera settings including resolution, ISO, aperture, shutter speed and more.
- High Speed Shooting: Capture the action with the High Speed Shooting mode: 7.5 fps @ 2MP for 15 shots; 3.3 fps @ 5MP for 6 shots; and 1.4 fps @ 10MP for 3 shots.
- Movie Recording: VGA quality at 30 frames per second with sound.
- 14 Pre-programmed Scene Modes: The FinePix S1000fd features 14 pre-programmed scene modes that offer a one-touch setting for almost any situation, including: Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Museum, Party, Flower, Text.
- xD / SD / SDHC Compatible slot: The FinePix S1000fd features an "xD/SD Compatible slot" which accepts not only Fujifilm's traditional xD-Picture Cards but also Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SDHC cards too.
- Operates on 4xAA Batteries: The ultimate in convenience and accessibility, using AA batteries means in a pinch, more batteries are just moments away.
Rounding out the FinePix S1000fd's powerful feature set is a large 2.7" high-resolution (230k pixel) LCD, an electronic viewfinder (EVF) and sensitivity levels of up to ISO 1600 at full resolution and ISO 3200 at
FinePix S1000fd Zoom Features:
- 10-Megapixel CCD imager for pictures up to 3648 x 2736 pixels
- 12x optical zoom covers 33-396mm (35mm equiv.)
- Picture Stabilization mode
- Single or Continuous AF modes
- Focus assist illuminator for low-light
- 0.2-inch EVF (Electronic ViewFinder) w/200K pixels
- 2.7" LCD Color Monitor w/230K pixels and 97% frame coverage
- Movie Mode; 30fps @ 640x480 or 320x240 with audio
- Voice memos can be attached to still images
- Top-3/Last-3 (max 1.4 frames/sec), Ultra High speed Top-15 (max 7.5fps, 2M pixels), High-speed Top-6 (max 3.3fps, 5M pixels) and Long-period (max.1.4 frames/sec)
- Auto, Program AE, Shutter speed or Aperture priority and Manual exposure modes
- 15 Scene modes (including a new Panorama mode)
- ISO speeds: Auto (Auto 800/400), 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 (ISO3200 @ 3M)
- TTL 256-zone Metering: Multi, Spot, Average
- Built-in manual popup multi-mode flash
- 8 - 1/2000 sec Shutter Speeds depending on shooting mode
- 24MB of internal flash memory
- Uses removable xD-Picture cards as well as SD/SDHC memory cards
- Powered by 4 AA type batteries, 4 Alkaline cells included
- USB 2.0 (High-speed) connectivity, PictBridge, DPOF, and EXIF Print Compatible
The FujiFilm Finepix S1000fd is available now with an MSRP of US$249.95, and ships
with 4xAA type Alkaline batteries, Shoulder Strap, Lens cap & cord, USB cable, A/V
cable, CD-ROM: FinePix Viewer, and Owner's Manual.
Please help support our site and visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability.