Playback Screens & Menus
By Matt Metzker
The zoom control allows you to scroll through all the stored images quickly. By pressing the toggle toward the Wide view, the pictures are indexed for quicker navigating.
Pressing the toggle to the telephoto side, allows you to zoom in on an image. The camera allows you to zoom in multiple steps, which is great for checking focus, composition, facial expressions, etc.
- Image Search -
By Date, By Face, By Scene, By Type of Data
- Erase - Back, Frame, All Frames
- Slide Show- Normal Face Recognition, Normal, Fade-In Face Recognition, Fade-In, Multiple
- Red Eye Removal - Remove red eye from portrait shots
- Protect - Frame, Set All, Reset All
- Crop - Used to crop an image
- Resize - Used to change the file size of an image
- Image Rotate - Rotate the orientation of an image
- Copy - Internal Memory to SD Card, SD Card to Internal Memory
- Voice Memo - As a voice note to a picture up to 30 seconds
- Erase Face Recognition - Remove stored Face Recognition information
- Print Order (DPOF) - With Date, Without Date, Reset All
Pressing the Face Detection button while in playback mode allows you to see all of the faces that were detected in any given photo. It highlights the main face with a green box and the secondary faces with a white one. As you continue to press this button, the camera will zoom in and center the image around each of the faces.
Pressing the "F" button when in playback mode will bring up these commonly used menu options.
Record a voice memo to any picture stored in the camera. The clips can be up to 30 seconds long. Press the OK button and the internal microphone will record your message and then press OK again to stop.
Movie playback allows you to watch you recorded video with sound on the LCD screen and built-in speaker. The 4-way controller allows you to control the video in a similar fashion to a VCR/DVR remote control. You also have the ability to go frame by frame through the video. With the included A/V cable, the camera can be hooked up to a TV for a larger video playback, or using an HDMI cable (not included) video and images can be watched on High Definition T.V.s.
Camera Setup Menu:
- DATE/TIME - setting of date and time
- TIME DIFFERENCE - Allows you to set the local time and still know the time from where you live
- LANGUAGE - Choose the menu language
- SILENT MODE - On or Off
- RESET - Resets all camera settings to default
- FORMAT - Formats
the xD card or internal memory
- IMAGE DISP. - Off, Zoom (Continuous)
1.5 sec., 3 sec.
- FRAME NO. - Continuous or renew (file numbering)
- OPERATION VOL. -
Volume for camera controls
- SHUTTER VOLUME - Off, Low, Medium or High
- SHUTTER SOUND - Sound 1, Sound 2
- PLAYBACK VOLUME - Choose between ±5
- LCD BRIGHTNESS - Adjust the displays brightness
- AUTO POWER OFF -
Off, 2 or 5 minutes
- DUAL IS MODE - Continuous (Mode 1) or Shooting only (Mode 2)
- RED EYE REMOVAL - On or Off
- DIGITAL ZOOM - On or Off
- AF ILLUMINATOR - Turn On of Off the AF-assist lamp
- SAVE ORG IMAGE - Save original image when using Red Eye Remove (On or Off)
- AUTOROTATE PB - Choose ON to automatically rotate tall pictures during playback
- BACKGROUND COLOR - Choose from 6
- GUIDANCE DISPLAY - On or Off
- VIDEO SYSTEM - NTSC or PAL video signal timing
- POWER MANAGEMENT - Power Save Mode, Quick AF mode, Clear LCD Display
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.