Pressing the playback button on the back of the camera takes you to the last image that you captured or looked at. Pressing the DISP. button allows you to change the amount of information this shown about the image.
Using the zoom lever allows you to enter the index mode by pressing it to the wide end. Here you have several options for quickly searching your stored images.
Pressing the zoom lever to the telephoto end allows you to zoom in on an image. Once you have zoomed in, you can use the 4-way controller to scroll around the image.
The F button brings up a quick menu similar to the one in the shooting mode. It shows just a few of the options that are available in the normal playback menu (shown below).
The Playback menu gives you options for : Photobook Assist, Landmark Navigator, Photo Navigation, Location Info Copy, Image Search, Erase, Mark For Upload, Slide Show, Red Eye Removal, Protect, Crop, Resize, Image Rotate, Copy, Voice Memo, Erase Face Recog, Print Order (DPOF) and DISP Aspect.
The crop feature allows you to trim an image by zooming in to exactly what you want to see. Pressing ok with save a new image of just what you see on the screen.
Resize allows you to save a smaller copy of an image that you have already captured. This is also a time saver if you plan on uploading smaller images to social media sites.
Rotate allows you to change the orientation of an image by 90° at a time.
It is possible to watch any of your recorded movies on the camera's LCD screen as well as on a HDTV with an optional HDMI cable.
Camera Setup Menu:
- Date/Time - Set the date and time in the camera
- Time Difference - Home, Local
- Language - Set the language for the displayed text
- Silent Mode - On, Off
- Reset - Reset all camera menu options and camera settings to factory defaults
- Format - Format the memory
- GPS Setup -
Power Search On, My Landmark Register, Location Search, Location Info, Auto Time Correction, Tracking Data, km/mile, Place Name Stamp
- Image Disp. - 3 Sec., 1.5 Sec, Zoom (Continuous), Off
- Frame Number - Continuous, Renew
- Operation Volume - Off, Low, Medium, High
- Shutter Volume - Off, Low, Medium, High
- Shutter Sound - Sound 1, Sound 2
- Playback Volume - Set from 0 to 10
- LCD Brightness - ± 5 steps
- Monitor Sunlight Mode - On or Off
- Auto Power Off - 2 min., 5min. or Off
- Fn Button - Choose the function for this button
- IS Mode - Continuous 1-2, Shooting Only 1-2, Off
- Red Eye Removal - On, Off
- Intelligent Digital Zoom - On or Off
- AF Illuminator - Off or On
- RAW - RAW+JPG, RAW, Off
- Save Original Image - Red Eye Removal, Pro Low-Light Mode, Multi Motion Capture, Motion Remover
- Autorotate PB - On, Off
- Background Color - Choose the menu background color scheme
- Guidance Display - On, Off
- Video System - NTSC or PAL
- Power Management - Power Save, Clear Display
- Date Stamp - Off, Date, Date - Time
- Start-Up Screen - On or Off
- GPS Demonstration - On or Off