Playback Screens & Menus
The wide end of the zoom lever is used to access the camera's index modes. Pressing it gives you the option of having one thumbnail image, two images, nine images or 100 tiny thumbnails.
Using the telephoto lens control allows you to magnify an image for critical inspection. The camera allows you to zoom in multiple steps, which is great for checking focus, composition, facial expressions, etc.
The Playback menu allows you to: Erase a single frame or all frames, start a Slide show, Remove Red Eye in your portraits, Rotate an image, Protect images, Crop (trim), Resize an image, Copy images between internal memory and the SD card, Record/Re-record a Voice Memo, , set the Direct Print Order Format (DPOF).
Pressing the Face Detection button while in playback mode allows you to see all of the faces that were detected in any given photo. It highlights the main face with a green box and the secondary faces with a white one. As you continue to press this button, the camera will zoom in and center the image around each of the faces.
"Crop" allows you to trim/crop your image inside the camera. This is a very useful tool allowing you to adjust your composition without taking another shot.
Resizing your images is a great way to not only save space on your memory card, but is a very quick and easy way to make smaller copies that are easier to email or post to the web. Just a couple clicks and its done vs. Using a computer program afterwards.
Movie playback allows you to watch you recorded video with sound on the LCD screen and built-in speaker. The 4-way controller allows you to control the video in a similar fashion to a VCR/DVR remote control. You also have the ability to go frame by frame through the video. With the included A/V cable, the camera can be hooked up to a TV for a larger video playback.
Camera Setup Menu:
- DATE/TIME - setting of date and time
- TIME DIFFERENCE - Allows you to set the local time and still know the time from where you live
- LANGUAGE - Choose the menu language used
- SILENT MODE - On or Off
- RESET - Resets all camera settings to default
- FORMAT - Formats the xD card or internal memory
- IMAGE DISP. - Off, Zoom (Continuous) 1.5 sec., 3 sec.
- FRAME NO. - Continuous or renew (file numbering)
- OPERATION VOL. - Volume for camera controls
- SHUTTER VOLUME - Off, Low, Medium or High
- SHUTTER SOUND - Sound 1, Sound 2
- PLAYBACK VOLUME - Choose between ±5
- LCD BRIGHTNESS - Adjust the displays brightness
- EVF/LCD - Set 30 or 60fps refresh rate
- AUTO POWER OFF - Off, 2 or 5 minutes
- DUAL IS MODE - Continuous (Mode 1) or Shooting only (Mode 2)
- RED EYE REMOVAL - On or Off
- DIGITAL ZOOM - On or Off
- AF ILLUMINATOR - Turn On of Off the AF-assist lamp
- SAVE ORG IMAGE - Save original image when using Red Eye Remove (On or Off)
- BACKGROUND COLOR - Choose from 6 different themes
- GUIDANCE DISPLAY - On or Off
- VIDEO SYSTEM - NTSC or PAL video signal timing
- POWER MANAGEMENT - Power Save Mode, Quick AF mode, Clear LCD Display
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.