Click on the QV-R4 to take a QuickTime VR tour
Casio introduces two new versatile and compact digital cameras that come with a 3X optical zoom, a high-resolution primary color CCD and fit comfortably in the palm of your hand. The QV-R4, a 4.0 megapixel digital camera, and the QV-R3, a 3.0 megapixel digital camera measure 3.5 x 2.5 x 1.2 inches, making them two of the smallest, lightest and compact digital cameras available in the marketplace today. Both cameras feature a 3X optical zoom lens, which is equivalent to 37 - 111mm (QV-R3), 37.5 - 112.5m (QV-R4) on a 35mm film camera.
The compact configuration of the high-performance QV-R4 and QV-R3 cameras make them perfect for recording those special moments whenever and wherever they happen. A totally new LSI (Large Scale Integration) system provides lightening-fast response of about 0.01 second, which means there is virtually no time lag between the point you press the shutter release and when the image is taken.
A simple, stylish stainless steel body provides both a high level of durability and a feel of quality. Modes are selected using a flat-profile dial, and all function keys are carefully positioned for easy, intuitive operation. Images can be stored on an SD memory card, and the camera also includes 11MB of built-in flash memory that allows recording even when a card is not loaded or when the memory card is full.
Both models will are available now (Oct 2002.) The QV-R4 has a suggested retail price of $499.99 while the QV-R3 retails at $399.99.
Casio QV-R4 Features:
- Ultra-compact configuration that measures a mere 3.5" x 2.3" x 1.2".
- 4-megapixel resolution for images up to 2304x1712 pixels
- 3x optical zoom 37-112mm equivalent in 35mm photography
- Release time lag of approximately 0.01 second (when focus is locked)
- Best Shot Mode for instant setups, the light metering, exposure, saturation, and other settings are configured in an instant.
- Two new innovative features:
Coupling Shot - Makes it possible for two people to be included in the same image, even when they are the only people around. Person A records Person B on one side of the image. A transparent view of the first image remains on the monitor screen so Person B can use it to compose the other side and record Person A. Only the second image is stored in camera memory
Pre-Shot - With this feature you can compose the background you want and record it. A transparent view of the background image remains on the monitor screen so you can ask someone to record you against the background, using the monitor screen image as a guide. Only the second image is stored in camera memory.
- Triple Self-timer records three consecutive shots with a single shutter release button operation. This simplifies the recording of group shots that include the photographer because a single operation gives you a choice of three images from which you can select the one you want.
- World Time and alarm features
- Album function displays using HTML files. The camera generates HTML files that make it possible to view recorded images on your computer screen in an easy-to-use album format using your favorite browser.
- Auto focus lens with low-light focus illuminator
- Multi, Center-weighted or Spot metering
- 320x240 full motion video for up to 30 secs.
- Shutter speeds: 2 - 1/2000 seconds (automatic)
- Still, Movie, Bestshot, Continuous, Night Scene recording modes
- White balance: auto, 4 presets and manual
- 1.6-inch color LCD with 84,960 pixels
- Rechargeable lithium battery pack included
- USB auto connect
- Exif 2.2 Print and Epson PIM II compatible
The Casio QV-R4 and a standard CD for size comparison.