Casio GV-10 Review
Click to take a 360-degree QTVR tour of the GV-10
The Casio G.BROS. GV-10 1.23-megapixel digital camera is water-resistant, dust-resistant and shock-resistant. Its design is perfect for those who enjoy the great outdoors when skiing, snowboarding, engaging in water sports, or any similar activities. The GV-10 totally revolutionizes the concept of a digital camera as a delicate device that requires special handling.
The GV-10 design is sporty and fashionable but it's also packed with powerful digital imaging features and functions. CASIO's popular BEST SHOT feature comes with a selection of mounting and seaside sample scenes. Simply choose a scene and the camera sets up automatically with optimum metering, exposure compensation, saturation, and other settings for recording an image like the scene you selected.
- Water and dust resistant: Water shall not enter when immersed to a depth of 1 meter for approximately 30 minutes. Direct jetting water from any direction shall not enter the enclosure. Particles with a diameter of 75µ or less shall not enter the enclosure.
- Shock resistance: The case is made of long-strand fiberglass, which is enclosed with a high-elasticity elastomer for a very high level of shock resistance. Internal circuitry floats on a "floating mount" that uses shock absorbing gel sheets to protect circuits and components from external shock.
- 1.23 million effective pixel imager produces 1280x960 images.
- Built-in Pixel Generator produces 1600x1200-pixel images for better detail and smoother lines when images are enlarged to A4 size during printing.
- 2X digital zoom, produces a 640x480 image.
- BEST SHOT mode with 18 scenes, select the Best Shot scene that is like the one you want to record and the light metering, exposure, saturation, and other settings are configured in an instant.
- High-speed continuous shutter: record up to seven 1280x960 (FINE) images or fifty one 640x480 (NORMAL) images at a time.
- PC Camera Mode (Windows only): Connecting to the USB port of computer and using commercially available video conferencing software makes it possible to use the GV-10 as a PC camera.
- A choice of two body colors - Splash Blue or Red
- Built in 1.6-inch TFT color LCD monitor
- DCF (Design rule for Camera File system) and DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) Compliant
- Bundled with PC link software and USB cable to transfer images from the camera to your computer automatically, whenever the Photo Loader is started up.
- Epson PRINT Image Matching (PIM) compatible. Recording with a Best Shot Mode portrait scene produces images with perfect skin tones.
The GV-10 compared in size to a CD. <
|G.BROS. GV-10 Specifications|
||1/3.2-inch square pixel primary color CCD|
(Approximate Total Pixels: 1.31 million;
Approximate Pixel Yield: 123 million)
|Image File Record Format
||JPEG (Exif. Ver. 2.1), DCF standard, DPOF compliant|
||AVI (Open DML Motion JPEG standard)|
||CompactFlash Type I (8MB supplied)|
|Recorded Image Sizes
||1600 x 1200, 1280 x 960, 640 x 480 pixels |
* Approximate values
|Image Size and Type
|1600 x 1200 Still
|1280 x 960 Still
|640 x 480 Still
|Screen Size (Pixels)
||Approximate Data Size
|320 x 240
||10 seconds (normal)|
||Single image; all images in a folder; all images in memory|
||F2.8, f = 4.6mm (equivalent to 35mm in 35mm format)|
||2X digital zoom (zoomed image size: 640 x 480 pixels)|
||Fixed focus with macro mode|
|Approximate Focus Range
||23.6" / 60cm to infinity|
||3.9" / 10cm|
||Center weighted by imaging element|
|-2EV to +2EV (in 1/3EV steps)|
||Snapshot, Continuous Shutter, Movie, Self-timer, |
Macro, Best Shot
||CCD shutter, mechanical shutter|
||1 to 1/1500 second|
||F2.8/9.7, auto switching|
||Automatic/fixed (4 modes)|
||AUTO, ON, OFF|
||Approximately 2.0 to 6.6 feet / 0.6 to 2 meters|
||1.6" TFT color LCD (61,380 pixels; 279 x 220)|
||Monitor screen and optical viewfinder|
|Date and time recorded with image data; |
auto calendar up to 2049
||USB (Mini-B connector); AC adapter connector |
||Four AA-size batteries (alkaline or NP-H3 nickel metal hydride)|
Optionally available AC adapter (AD-C620) or
optionally available AC adaptor/charger (BC-3HA)
* Conditions: Standard temperatures (25°C); flash OFF; 1280 x 960 image size;
|AA-size Alkaline (LR6)
|Nickel Metal Hydride
|AA-Size Lithium Battery
||AA-size Alkaline (LR6)
|Nickel Metal Hydride
|AA-Size Lithium Battery
FINE image quality; one image recorded approximately every 12 seconds
||4.0"(W) x 2.9"(H) x 1.9"(D)|
100.5(W) x 74.0(H) x 49(D) mm (excluding projections)
||Approximately 8.8oz / 250g (excluding batteries and accessories)|
||CF Card (8MB); Neck Strap; Lens Cap; Cap Holder; CD-ROM; |
USB Cable; Alkaline Batteries (LR6 x 4)
NOTE: These Specifications are as represented by the manufacturer.
|Bundled Software (CD-ROM)|
||2000, Me, 98,
OS7.6.1 - 9.1*
|2000, Me, 98
||2000, Me, 98
OS8.5 - 9.1*
(with Outlook Express)
OS7.6.1 - 9.1
||Movie file playback
||2000, Me, 98, 95
||PDF file browsing
|2000, Me, 98, 95,
OS8.6 - 9.1
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.