Click on the EX-Z700 to take a QTVR tour
One of many new additions to the EXILIM line for 2006, the EX-Z700 Zoom is a durable, pocket-sized model that
includes some very powerful features, like a 7.2 megapixel CCD imager, 3x optical zoom lens as well as a
large 2.7-inch Super Bright LCD. At 7.2 megapixels, this high-performance camera ensures crystal-clear image
output, whether viewing images in-camera or printing. The long-life battery packs enough power for around 460
still images on a single charge, and the camera comes with Casio's Anti Shake DSP to reduce photo blur due to
shaky hands or moving subjects.
Casio's new Auto Framing mode keeps dynamic subjects, like active children, at the center of the photograph,
solving one of photography's most perplexing challenges. This function is based on Casio- developed "auto-follow" technology for tracking the movement of photo subjects. In Auto Framing mode, a thin, outlined frame
appears on the LCD, centered on the moving subject of the photo. The area within the frame indicates the
image that will be saved when the shutter is fully depressed.
The Z700 also features Layout Shot mode, where photographers can combine multiple shots of friends taken with
the same scenic backdrop into a single collage, or even mix shots with different compositions to create a
single artistic layout. Users simply select one of two predefined layout templates, then take two or three
photographs, and save the results to create a single composite image. Layout Shot delivers a whole new way to
enjoy expressive photography.
In addition to its compact and stylish design, the EX-Z700 functions include "Old
Photo" Best Shot Mode, which refreshes faded colors of old photos by bringing them back to
life in digital format, automatically adjusts for obliquity even when photos are shot while
still in the album. The Rapid Flash function enables three consecutive, high-speed flash
photos in only one second, ensuring that no special moments are missed. The Easy Mode
setting provides a simplified, easy to understand, and convenient version of the settings
menu and camera interface, designed especially for first time users but also helpful to
those who prefer a basic camera settings interface as well. The BEST SHOT Button enables
convenient, one-touch access to 33 scenes chosen from an image menu and providing the user
with a wide range of camera settings for taking hassle-free photos every time.
The EX-Z700 has features like: "Auto Macro" mode which allows for automatic
switching between macro and auto focus modes. "9-Point Multi AF" clearly indicates the areas
of focus when photographing subjects with multiple focus points. The "Quick Shutter"
function reduces mistakes by facilitating simple and easy high-speed focusing. "Flash
Assist" mode compensates for poorly illuminated areas within the shot. "Exposure Warning"
mode warns over or under exposure via an on-screen display. The "Icon Help" function
provides icon guidance when adjusting camera settings. The "Direct On" button allows quick
startup in both shooting and playback modes.
In addition to high-resolution still images the EX-Z700 also records movies with sound in VGA
(640 x 480 pixels) size at 30 frames per second. Using the "Motion Print" function, movies
can be converted into a series of nine or just one snapshot for printing. Movies can be
zoomed in during replay and the "Movie Editing" operation offers three ways (beginning,
middle, end) to cut unwanted scenes from a movie.
Camera data is stored in its 8.3 megabytes of internal memory and on optional Secure Digital
(SD) type cards. The camera is powered by a Li-ion battery that is good for up
to 550 shots and is charged with the included docking cradle. Data is transferred to computer
via USB and you can print directly to any PictBridge compatible printer. Still images are
ExifPrint and PRINT Image Matching III compatible.
Z700 Zoom Features:
- 7.2-Megapixel effective CCD imager, 3x optical zoom w/auto macro
- Stylish, durable and light-weight aluminum body
- Large 2.7-inch TFT color LCD with 153k pixels
- Anti Shake DSP provides higher sensitivity, faster shutter speed prevents image blurring to hand or subject movement
- High-speed start-up enables shooting approximately 1.4 seconds after power up.
- Rapid Flash, 3 high speed flash photos in one second
- 37 "BEST SHOT" scene modes set the camera for easy to difficult situations.
- Attach up to 30-second audio memos to still images at capture or later.
- Record voice-only audio, approx. 25 minutes on internal memory.
- MPEG-4, VGA(640x480 pixels), 30 frames/second high quality movies
- Movie Best Shot, Past Movie, Short Movie and in-camera movie editing.
- High-speed 9-point AF system with selectable AF modes: Multi or Spot AF.
- ISO sensitivity from 50 to 400, ISO 800 with Anti Shake or High Sensitivity mode
- Built-in flash with Red Eye Reduction and Flash-assist function.
- USB data transfer to PC or Mac computers.
- Super-Life Li-ion rechargeable battery for up to 460 shots.
- 8.3 Megabytes of internal memory and SD card slot for memory expansion.
- ExifPrint, PRINT Image Matching III,
USB Direct-Print, and PictBridge compatible.
The EXILIM Zoom EX-Z700 is available now with a retail price of US$279.99 and comes in a silver or gray finish.