Click on the EX-Z600 to take a QTVR tour
The EXILIM EX-Z600 Zoom offers 6.0 megapixels of resolution, a 3x optical zoom lens and an
extra large 2.7-inch Super Bright LCD, all housed in a slim, durable, and pocket-sized
package. The Z600's Super Life Battery now has an even longer battery life, supporting an
amazing 550 shots per charge. The camera also features Casio's Anti Shake DSP which, along
with the Auto Macro and Quick Shutter functions, considerably reduces the incidence of
blurred images due to moving subjects or shaking hands.
The extra large 2.7-inch Super Bright LCD is
approximately three times brighter than the previous EX-Z500 model, producing an
impressive luminance of 1200 candelas per square meter. This significant advancement
makes the LCD easier to see, especially when viewed in the sunny outdoors. In auto mode,
the LCD automatically adjusts to the brightness of the surrounding environment.
New and exclusive to the Casio EXILIM line of digital cameras in the U.S., is the eBay Best
Shot mode. The eBay Best Shot
takes photos at a size that is image optimized for display on eBay, allowing picture takers
to more quickly and easily create photos for selling items on eBay. eBay Best Shot mode
also includes Auto Macro, an ideal setting for capturing images of small items such as
jewelry, tags, etc., thus automatically adjusting the focus from acquiring fine details in
close up shots to capturing large items from a distance. eBay Best Shot mode allows users
to capture optimized images at an ideal size for eBay.
In addition to its compact and stylish design, the EX-Z600 functions include "Old
Photo" Best Shot Mode, which refreshes faded colors of old photos by bringing them back to
life in digital format, automatically adjusts for obliquity even when photos are shot while
still in the album. The Rapid Flash function enables three consecutive, high-speed flash
photos in only one second, ensuring that no special moments are missed. The Easy Mode
setting provides a simplified, easy to understand, and convenient version of the settings
menu and camera interface, designed especially for first time users but also helpful to
those who prefer a basic camera settings interface as well. The BEST SHOT Button enables
convenient, one-touch access to 33 scenes chosen from an image menu and providing the user
with a wide range of camera settings for taking hassle-free photos every time.
The EX-Z600 has features like: "Auto Macro" mode which allows for automatic
switching between macro and auto focus modes. "9-Point Multi AF" clearly indicates the areas
of focus when photographing subjects with multiple focus points. The "Quick Shutter"
function reduces mistakes by facilitating simple and easy high-speed focusing. "Flash
Assist" mode compensates for poorly illuminated areas within the shot. "Exposure Warning"
mode warns over or under exposure via an on-screen display. The "Icon Help" function
provides icon guidance when adjusting camera settings. The "Direct On" button allows quick
startup in both shooting and playback modes.
In addition to high-resolution still images the EX-Z600 also records movies with sound in VGA
(640 x 480 pixels) size at 30 frames per second. Using the "Motion Print" function, movies
can be converted into a series of nine or just one snapshot for printing. Movies can be
zoomed in during replay and the "Movie Editing" operation offers three ways (beginning,
middle, end) to cut unwanted scenes from a movie.
Camera data is stored in its 8.3 megabytes of internal memory and on optional Secure Digital
(SD) type cards. The camera is powered by a Li-ion battery that is good for up
to 550 shots and is charged with the included docking cradle. Data is transferred to computer
via USB and you can print directly to any PictBridge compatible printer. Still images are
ExifPrint and PRINT Image Matching III compatible.
Z600 Zoom Features:
- 6-Megapixel effective CCD imager, 3x optical zoom w/auto macro
- Stylish, durable and light-weight aluminum body
- Large 2.7-inch TFT color LCD, three times as bright as EX-Z500
- Anti Shake provides higher sensitivity, faster shutter speed prevents image blurring to hand or subject movement
- High-speed start-up enables shooting approximately 1.4 seconds after power up.
- Release time lag of only 0.002 seconds after the shutter is pressed.
- Rapid Flash, 3 high speed flash photos in one second
- Continuous shutter function enables photos to be taken in 0.9 seconds intervals.
- 33 "BEST SHOT" scene modes set the camera for easy to difficult situations.
- Attach up to 30-second audio memos to still images at capture or later.
- Record voice-only audio, approx. 25 minutes on internal memory.
- MPEG-4, VGA(640×480 pixels), 30 frames/second high quality movies
- Movie Best Shot, Past Movie, Short Movie and in-camera movie editing.
- 9-point autofocus system with selectable AF modes: Multi or Spot AF.
- ISO sensitivity from 50 to 400, ISO 800 with Anti Shake.
- Built-in flash with Red Eye Reduction and Flash-assist function.
- USB data transfer to PC or Mac computers.
- Super-Life Li-ion rechargeable battery for up to 550 shots.
- 8.3 Megabytes of internal memory and SD card slot for memory expansion.
- ExifPrint, PRINT Image Matching III,
USB Direct-Print, and PictBridge compatible.
The EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z600 has a suggested retail of $299.99 and will be available
in black and silver.